New Goodie(woody)

andy york

Can't wait to get this installed :luigi: Maybe then the ol girl's ass will handle as good as her front :D Need to put the old shock on the dyno to see how new and old compare ... plus to see what a bad shock dyno sheet looks like. :race:

but first ..............

andy

Andy,

I hope you have better luck than I did with the Penski shock. I had to ship the shock back to Penske two times to get the problems cured. Hopefully by now they know what the Guzzi likes for shock length, spring rate and compression. I am quite happy with the shock, it just took a whole lot of time and work to get it tuned right. Measure the length of your old shock and make sure you can adjust the Penski shock the same. I think you can safely go 10mm. longer on the 2002 bike. My 2000 V11Sport did not like a longer shock (nervous steering). Also go out and ride the bike to see if the spring preload is correct. The spring rate was so high on my bike that the bike went way wide on rough roads. It would also try to shoot me over the bars on large dips in the road. I tried evey adjustment and finally called Penski and they agreed that the spring rate and dampening was too high.

Mike

Can't wait to get this installed :luigi: Maybe then the ol girl's ass will handle as good as her front :D Need to put the old shock on the dyno to see how new and old compare ... plus to see what a bad shock dyno sheet looks like. :race:

but first ..............

andy

45078[/snapback]

The good thing for me is that the shock is user friendly...If I don't like the damping, I can take it apart and change the shim stack( or compression for that matter)

You can adjust the length of the shock by 12mm.I know the early sports had a different head angle than the 02 and up bikes. To me the early bikes steer lots quicker than the late models.

I do have the hard bag setup and all the extra crap that they can hold but as some of us in the south say, I still like to shit and git :D I will be experimenting with the length in order to quiken the steering as well as getting more weight to the front.

With 32 comp adj. ,6 major rebound adj., and adj length and preload, something good has to come of this :thumbsup: .....It's gotta be better than wallowing through the turns :(

later :luigi:

andy

...I will be experimenting with the length in order to quiken the steering as well as getting more weight to the front..../quote]

Andy,

For me, weight on the V11 is way too rear biased. Not sure that jacking up the rear is the answer...I think the seating position is a lot to blame, had it sat next to my Tonti the other day, V11 tank comes way further back, stopping you getting over the front end. I'd really like a new tank, move seat up.

I'd always have stability over quick steering - I think 02 rear is overtyred & that a 4.5"rim w/160 or 170 tyre may help balance turn in front/rear.

Good luck - let us know how you get on :thumbsup: .

KB :sun: