Morbidelli V-8 For Sale

Orson

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember that bike, Göran. Wasn't there a Swedish engineer involved in that project? Recall an article in MC-Nytt (Swedish bike mag) about a Swede, who worked for Laverda in the Seventies.

Søren

PS: Still in love with the 750 SFC.....

277286789JNxffT_ph.jpg

Guest Steve_W

The V6 sounds pretty sweet. Wonder if I could make my Camry... nah!

Doing a V6 is one way to make that unbalanced triple smooth, yes?

Edit: Did that bike have a shaft final drive? The engine appears to be mounted longitudinally and I don't see a chain.

When Laverda announced the V6 endurance racer way back in the early '70's, I had high hopes it would become a street bike as well. It made one appearance at the Bol D'Or, failed to finish, and was shelved forever. Then, in 2001, the never-to-trusted head honcho of MGNA told me that not only would Aprilia revive the Laverda marque, they would release the V6 the following September. That never happened and there is not one single thing I've found appealing in any of the revived Laverda models. The V6 endurance racer is still one of the most visually appealing bikes I've ever seen or lusted after. I lament its passing unproduced.

Guest Vince

If I remember right the V8 came in a box and you were supose to crate it up and send it back for servive.The first one was hit repeatedly with an ugly stick,thats

what happens when car designers try to do bikes.Every Laverda enthusiest is still

waiting for the V6,it failed in the 24hour race throught drive shaft problems,with

modern materials it would be a dodel.

Guest Vince
what the hell is a dodel?

45677[/snapback]

Bloody septics dont speak the Queens english,septic tank=yank,dodel,snack=dead easy.I have been watching a doco=Documentry,on the history of the english language.Its getting to be the most common language on earth, most common

2nd language ect ect,and yet you can travel 50ks in some countrys that speak English and not be understood. Makes life interesting.

Well Yeah when you speak with use such interesting slang as bullocks and bloody and sometimes sound like a pikey it makes it not so easy, You know the states has an area like that as well its called "the deep south" or the axis of evil texas,tenn,louis, maybe a few others but they are the big offenders.

dedol? so thats like Snap! I'm going to have to start talking Hip hop just so I can throw the euro union on this board for a loop Snap for shizzoole bizzoles.

:mg:

what the hell is a dodel?

45677[/snapback]

It's usually spelled "doddle;" roughly translates to "nice" or "easy." Dunno the etymology; probably something related to mangling the invader's slang of 1000 years ago, then mangling it further with each succeeding generation, regional dialects, etc. until the start of the Industrial Age when the common man finally started traveling enough that regional idioms stopped diverging radically over time.

;)

Guest Roadslayer

Come on guys and gals. We'd all take one of those if we had the dough. Let's not kid ourseves. Ugly or not. That V8 is awesome to over use a soundbyte. And it would easily out do the block long 'monster choppers' that populate every street corner nowadays. Ridable? Yes, Tourable? Yes. Subdude? That too. Forget the price. If you can afford the price,which is too high,who cares if the 'have nots are envious. Is it just a 'guy thing' or is everybody just locked into this 'it's ugly. And if so,Japan could sell a million of them in the U.S. Just look at the eye sores that populate the streets in North America.Frankly,I'd love to have one. And ride the legs off of it. And have fun doing it. "Cheers" Roadslayer :2c:

I don't know, even if it were comparably priced(or just reasonable for it's exclusivity)... I'm honestly not interested in it :huh2:

I don't find the complexity of a V6 or V8 in a bike attractive, just for the same reason I think bikes like the Valkyrie are ridiculous :P

...mechanincally intriguing, but not desireable from my point of view.

Plus the darned thing is water cooled, when air-cooled motors are iconoclastic to motorcycling :bike: I hate radiators on bikes :bbblll:

al

• 1 year later...
.....Its getting to be the most common language on earth, most common

2nd language ect ect,and yet you can travel 50ks in some countrys that speak English and not be understood. Makes life interesting.

45689[/snapback]

In german downtowns, of Berlin, Frankfurt e.g., they've actually started projects to learn german pupils the german language!! They can talk to each other, in german sounding phrases, but they're not able to communicate.

They make exercises like "three sentence stories", introduction - climax - ending, and that's really a very hard job for most of them. If people can't comunicate, their society is dead...

Hubert