Rich Maund's ole V11 Sport

al_roethlisberger

Hiya,

Well, it looks like Steve is selling the "famous" Rich Maund edition 2001 V11 Sport(Steve notes it as a 2000, but I thought it was a 2001 :huh2: )

Anyway, as everyone knows, Rich makes probably the best seats out there for our bikes, and is a top-notch craftman. He also was a very active member on this forum while he owned this bike, and still drops in every so often since.

The bike was extremely well cared for while Rich owned it, and as noted in the description below, has many "Maund Extras" especially including Rich's custom HB rack mount kit... back when we didn't have kits from the manufacturer that fit the V11 :thumbsup:

I have no personal stake in this bike, but it is a special bike, recently owned by a special person to this forum... so if you are in the area, and in the market, this is a smokin' deal.

The rack is probably worth $1k by itself, and you get two seats... B)

You can find some photos of the his old Silver V11 Sport, and it's red custom rack in Rich's Yahoo Photo Directory.

http://www.geocities.com/rgmaund/RichsCycl...ryHomePage.html

Contact Steve if you are interested, and although I can't speak for Rich, I'm still sure he'd be happy to answer any questions about the bike and its accessories that he is able to answer.

al

To: MGCL@topica.com

Subject: (MGCL) 2000 V11S for sale

Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 19:39:32 -0500

Please e-mail me if interested.  I have a few photos and can take more

if you are interested.  Delivery is possible.  The bike is currently in

Richmond, VA.

18,000 miles.  Former owner was Rich Maund, hence limited service

records available.  I have put just over 5,000 miles on the bike. 

Recently tuned up and the transmission recall done at Westmoreland Moto

Guzzi.

*  Mistral exhaust cannisters (stock crossover)

* Stucchi bugswatter mini fairing

* 2 Rich Maund Seats - 1 appears stock, the other w/ red trim for 2

up touring.

* Power Commander III (not a USB model, and no custom map)

* Wheels are powder coated red, the finish is in excellent condition

* Givi Hardbags, w/ custom mounting bracket (powdered coated red),

bags come off very easily

* Fox tank bag w/ map window

* Open airbox lid (cut open, not FBF)

* Transmission recall completed by Westmoreland Moto Guzzi (08/04)

* Full tune up - Westmoreland Moto Guzzi (08/04) -350 perfect miles

home to VA

* paddock stand

* All original parts that have been taken off are available

* 2000 V11S Owners manual

* 2000 V11S/Lemans parts manual

Things it may need:

Washing

tires in 3,000 miles

Custom PC III map if you are so inclined

Riding

6,500$

SSaady@Comcast.net

Yeah, I can't believe it needs washing. Geez! :glare:

I tore it apart and mechanically detailed the heck out of it when I owned it. The rack and bags system I designed and built cost me $700 in materials and took over 40 hours to build. It had Give E360 bags and a drop in/ bolt in passenger backrest. With the two seats, it could go from solo to two up sport tourer in a couple minutes.

The bike ran super when I sold it to Steve. He has since had a good Dealer do the tranny recall work, though it always shifted great while I owned it. It had some of the usual Guzzi bugs when new and suffered from the usual lack of grease from the factory. But I expected that and spent three days prepping it before I ever ran the bike. I prepped it, not the Dealer. I brought it home still in the crate! It's adventures were very detailed here on the forum. I don't know why he's selling it. But the guy is a real bike enthusiast and probably just wants to sell it to get another bike.

It IS a 2000 model V11S. I purchased it new in the winter of 2001. Supposedly it was the last silver 2000 V11S that MGNA had in the warehouse. The Dealer ordered it in for me and I was there when the crate came off the semi and onto my own trailer!

I do drop by here almost every day to lurk. I'll follow this thread if anyone has any questions that Steve, the seller, can't answer. This was my 12th MG over the years. I've gotten to know them well. :)