MCN Best bikes 20 >1

Guest Fox

Good for the "you'll have to read it to find out number 1" but I want a MV f4 so bad it hurts and that was like 28, The britten should have gotten higher marks that was built in some guys garage and went on and dominated.

1 - Ducati 916

2 - Honda CBR900RR

3 - Vincent Black Shadow

4 - Yamaha R1

5 - Honda VFR750R RC30

6 - Honda CB 750

7 - Triumph T-120 Bonneville

8 - Kawasaki Z1

9 - Honda RC166

10 - BSA DBD34 Gold Star

11 - Brough Superior SS100

12 - Suzuki GSX-R750

13 - Honda VFR750F

14 - Kawasaki GPZ900R

15 - Moto Guzzi LeMans Mk I

16 - Suzuki GSX1100 Katana

17 - Yamaha RD350LC

18 - Honda CBR600F

19 - MV Augusta 750S

20 - Kawasaki H1 Mach III

I don't disagree that much with numero uno but the rest are crap as far as I'm concerned. Which juts goes to show the state of the readers of MCN.

Actually on 2nd thought I do disagree with the No. 1 slot ... best bike of all time? Surely not ...

I don't disagree that much with numero uno but the rest are crap as far as I'm concerned. Which juts goes to show the state of the readers of MCN.

Actually on 2nd thought I do disagree with the No. 1 slot ... best bike of all time? Surely not ...

46017[/snapback]

Yeah. There are quite a few bikes missing. I'm not a Harley fan but surely a HD model would make the top 20. How about the BMW R90? Etc. Etc.

Tim

Thanks Rocketman. I have webtv, not a computer, so some things I just can't see.

These lists are always meaningless, but fun. THis list is actually more diverse than most with a pretty wide sampling. But NO Rokon!? Come on. :)

Antonio,

While I agree that there isn't a single modern HD that could make the top 20, surely in 100 years of motorcycling, there is a Harley that would be considered "leading edge" in its time.

Tim

Maybe we could start a new thread and create our own list of the top 50 bikes. There would have to be some firm rules. Everyone could list their choice for top-10, maybe only allow 1 Guzzi in each person's list. Other rules? Then, after a couple of weeks, someone could analyze and post the results. Of course, this would be heavily Guzzi biased, but I'm sure the UK had a heavy bias towards Brit bikes.

Oh. And no Solex votes allowed!!! :D

Tim