MCN Best bikes 20 >1

Guest Fox

Maybe we could start a new thread and create our own list of the top 50 bikes......... Everyone could list their choice for top-10, maybe only allow 1 Guzzi in each person's list.  Other rules?  Tim

46122[/snapback]

Only one Guzzi? :blush: Let's make it 3 (at least :D )it can easily be 3 in such a big list of 50 motorcycles.Besides there are so many years of motorcycling to be covered. :grin:

About the MCN list and not :mg: biased I believe that the Le'man I ,belongs to one of the best motorcycles ever made.They should know it. :D

Cheers :bier:

Yeah.  There are quite a few bikes missing.  I'm not a Harley fan but surely a HD model would make the top 20.  How about the BMW R90? Etc.  Etc.

Tim

46019[/snapback]

This is a poll by UK riders- and as such there was going to be no way any Harley or cruiser would be included.

I am sure there would be different results in whichever country was polled.

Guy :helmet:

Guest rrbasso

For what it worth here is my top 6 so fair, also I am only putting bikes I have had not just my dream list. :bier:

#1, Moto guzzi v11, 2003

#2, Norton Camando, 1972

#3, BMW R90, 1975,1976

#4, Moto Guzzi Lamans 1, 1978

#5, HD FLH, 1969

#6, Honda 400 four, 1977

Antonio,

While I agree that there isn't a single modern HD that could make the top 20, surely in 100 years of motorcycling, there is a Harley that would be considered "leading edge" in its time.

Tim

46113[/snapback]

You'd think so... but no. HD and cutting edge just can't be said in the same sentence. Look for them on the top agricultural machines list. They would get the sympathy vote in the US only. But then, look how the Americans elect their politicians...

I'm surprised to see a Guzzi on the top 20 list at all. Surprised there isn't a BMW.

Most are no surprise at all. Brough, Bonneville, Vincent. Can't argue those. Can't argue the VFR - an under recognized bike that will still come up from behind and surprise the the "fast" ones. Gsx, F1, 916 - soulless, but no arguing their place on the list. Old crippled men still whisper in delighted horror about the Kawi triple...

I like the idea of a poll here on this topic - provided we only include bikes available to the common man - no brittens, no GP bikes, no Guzzi v8 racers, no Orange County Crap - keep it real, vote for bikes that deserve to be on the list, not voting for the "prettiest bike I ever saw" crap.

:2c:

Rj

"Old crippled men still whisper in delighted horror about the Kawi triple..."

I'm getting old, not crippled (YET), and I do remember my 1970 Kawasaki H1 Mach III. Known as the "flexi-flyer" it was damn fast for 1970. The "Blue-Streak" premiered in 1969. It was preceded by a pretty fast Kawi, the 350 Avenger, a two-cylinder two-stroke, that could keep pace with a Triumph Bonneville.

The Kawi triple, the Honda 750 four, the Norton Commando, Triumph Trident, BSA Rocket-3 - all were able to go low 13s in the quarter mile - stock, reaching about 105-110 MPH at the tape. 115-120 MPH top-end was common. The M/C mags at the time claimed 12.8 or 12.9 but, like today, those were professional riders. The Triumph and Norton were MUCH better handling, the Honda was somewhere in-between. The H1 was terrifying in the curves.

Tim