Early stage wooden mock up of center stand.

F344

While I wait for my parts for my side stand, I thought I'd try and rig up a center stand.

So far I am thinking the tubing will be 1 inch Stainless, with .116" thick wall. The plate will be .250 thick. Also, not mocked up yet is the foot peg for leverage.

I'm going to wait on the feet until I get an idea of how easy it is to lift.

Any ideas guys?

thanks,

Frank

Mock_up___Up.jpg

Mock_up___Down.jpg

I just bought the center stand from Agostini, coz I thought this particular model was the best. I haven't been able to try it yet as my bike is still at the importer for that f¤#%%% engine paint job.

I support Paul's comment as the other models I've seen tend to be more focused on supporting the rear wheel than the center point of gravity, which the Agostini model does (see Paul's photo)

Next week I'll get the bike back, eventually/presumably/hopefully and then it's dyno-time!! :race:

Søren

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the comments.

JAAP: You're right about the angle. Although the important relationship will be between the ground contact point and the pivot. The final angle will be adjusted by a stop on the axel.

Paul and Tikkmen: How thick is the metal the Guzzi stand is made from? Also, is it tubing or plate?

Thanks,

Frank

Antonio,

Well the picture is a year old, now the rear is almost dead, and the front is a lot newer. But new tyres won't be bt010. That will be diablo or pilot power. Besides that I have a set pirelli supercorsa's for dry track use.