My short introduction

Alex-Corsa

Alex, I too share a great passion for my Guzzi, ,,,,,Like you, I've always known I'd have my Guzzi with me "forever".  If I were to buy another bike, I would most likely be adding another Guzzi, but none - not even another Guzzi - will ever replace my Sport.

Rgds.,

Ratchethack

46127[/snapback]

Yeah,Y'know my love for the Guzzis and especially the spot started many years ago,it was Sept '96 and as I was living in Germany that time I was with my GPZ900R drinking my hot coffee on a mild Saturday afternoon at a motorcycle meeting point after a ride.

Then this Guzzi came in along with a Ducati following and its motor made a so distinctive sound,I was impressed,it was so huge like a big drum beating, like a Gigantic heart.

That rider pulled up a wheelie whith just a simple blow of the throtle at low rpm and relatively slow speed and great ease.I was very impressed about the whole "sightseeing" my coffee just droped out of my hand I couldn't believe that such a bike exists :rolleyes: .The bike after that dissapeared and after a couple of hours me being on another cafe in the city just came past and did the same thing.; :notworthy: After that I didn't want my other crate anymore and sold it away.I knew I had to had a Guzzi like this one day.....one day....one day.

I was remembering the shape, I knew it was a Guzzi and at some magazines comming out I saw that the new sport 1100i coming in was at that shape and a little different , bacause finnally as I was getting more into Guzzis through litterature that bike I saw was a DAYTONA 1000 (not the RS) it was orange colored (red orange more close to Orange) don't know if Guzzi ever made this color ,perhaps it was a custom paint (so maybe that motor too)

Life situations though were not so good for me and after many "adventures" and that day to get my Guzzi came after almost 8 very,very long years.

I have spoted many bikes before I bought this one and to tell you the truth I was first opted for a yellow 1100i, this was a red one and whith a black motor somewhat unusuall for what I was thinking of.

Anyway after all was planned and set down I traveled to Germany In Berlin visit some friends and go for the bike that it was located about 850km away in the near of Keiserslautern,.Since I wanted to have it back home (Berlin) in one day I took an early 6:00Am flight to Frankfurt and the rest with train to the destination.After an overall (about)6hrs travel here it was ,waiting for me. :food:DS021.jpg

It looked strong and beefy as soon as the engine started out I have recognised that harmonic grunty sound I have heared long time ago(perhaps a bit smoother).

I was afraid that it would be a bit heavy for me to ride.I hadn't riden on a bike bike for a long time due to an accident I had. Nevertheless I jumped on the seat wore my helmet :helmet: and there I was,first few meters and then I didn't want to get of the seat.Went of for a short ride and the ride quality was better than I have imagined,the bike was planted though it felt much much lighter than the kilos that were writen on it's specs. I coudn't believe it deep inside I was hoping for it and now I was riding a dream, the day was sunny and so it was inside my mind :sun:

Immediatelly I came back to the shop and after repeating some last minute checks ,relaxed a bit and headed to to an 850km (520miles) travel.

Driving to the nearest big city I found myself getting greetings of admiration of other bikers B) After being equipped with some leathers some maps and a bag I left to continue and headed for another 780km it was already past 4:00 afternoon.It was finnaly a long way to go and since I didn't quite knew the way I had to stop every now and then and check the map (perhaps I should get a GPS)

That added many hour of traveling to the list and though I was getting tired

there was nothing at all to keep me step out of this seat. :D...after many hours on the road (11:30) Yes you heared right I reached my destination I headed to bed for a long retire time, besides it was already 4:00 am next morning and I was 23hours asleep (+travel)To tell you the truth almost every muscle of my body was acheing but to me it was the most pleasurable pain I have ever got.Do I have to say that this was the most pleasant and unforgetable riding experience I have ever had. :D After that my Corsa became the :wub: of my life I do the best to take her of and she talks to me or complains to me,is faithful to me and always bring me back home safe. :thumbsup:

[ I want to keep my bike forever, I already try and deposit on any important spare part I can find, i.e. Brembos ,fairings,,whatever I feel I'll have to have. I think to buy a second motor,probably I'll have to go back there to Mandelo and ask]

That finnaly made me to believe that sertain values or individual, thing or whatever that posseses them come together way or another,it's only a matter of time.

P.S. If you like drop me a PM with your email and we can further exchange pics infos videos or other stuff as well.

Great bike Alex- I used to have a Sport Corsa myself (number 133) but sold it after doing 3000 miles in 7 days and losing all the feeling in my neck for a few weeks!

For me, the V11 has much better ergonomics but I still miss the old beast.

One question- why do you not run the Termignonis as included in the "race" kit that comes with the Sport Corsa?

Here is a pic of my old flame.

Regards

Guy :helmet:

Great bike Alex- I used to have a Sport Corsa myself (number 133) but sold it after doing 3000 miles in 7 days and losing all the feeling in my neck for a few weeks!

For me, the V11 has much better ergonomics but I still miss the old beast.

One question- why do you not run the Termignonis as included in the "race" kit that comes with the Sport Corsa?

Here is a pic of my old flame.

Regards

Guy  :helmet:

46172[/snapback]

Hehe :D What a smal world, I have had this pic of the Corsa on my PC as I was looking for sport Guzzis.That is you? ,nice.:D

About the termignonis,they didn't come along with the bike as I got it second hand with 30k on her.I was looking to buy them, they are oval right.?But cant find these, If I buy normal ones they don't quite fit and will touch the back swingarm.

I now opted for the mistrals as a choice

MISTRAL

probably the titanium ones (same as carbon here)

Other than that the crossover and the rest of the pipe look like yours and there is also a K/N filter and a Dynotec chip inside (perhaps some little optimised bits from Dynotec ) and that's all.

I have noticed that sometimes when I cut of my speed and throtle off ,dissangage clutch the bike sometimes was turning off (I have to make a couple of throtle "bruuumms" to keep it on)This has almost eliminated by the time I start using iridium sparks. But I am thinking to make these exausts and go a little from Dynotec to check it out.

Some other question , you remember which tyres do you use in that photo?

:race:

P.S. I have not seen any Yellow sport corsas hanging around.Haven't they ever made them?Or are they just so rare ?

Hi Alex

The Termi system as sold with the bike new was a full race system- not just the silencers. I think you can probably still buy a system but it will cost a fortune! Yes they were oval.

I had the same problem with low speed running but solved that with a Creedon chip.

The tyres I used were Pirelli GTS in the standard 160/70 size. These worked much better than the lower profile 160/60 stickier tyres that a couple of my friends fitted.

If you opt for the lower profile, it spoils the sweet way the bike steers. I know someone with a yellow Sport Corsa- they do exist but I am not sure how many they made.

What number is yours by the way?

Regards

Guy

Hi Alex

If you opt for the lower profile, it spoils the sweet way the bike steers. I know someone with a yellow Sport Corsa- they do exist but I am not sure how many they made.

Regards

Guy

46186[/snapback]

I got the 40/200 and yes I use a 160/60 on a Metzeler M1 Sportec that has unbelievable grip.This summer because of touring :race: I think I'll get these PIRELLIs GTS on ,I have heared always good critics concerning their cornering stability and grip.

You are right about the sweet steering ,plus the bike lacks a bit on top end speed-acceleration now.

These Mistrals are just the right option right now.At a price of 690Euros or so at Agostinis'

Yet another question , what about any differenses in performance between the

normal set up of the bike and while using the Termignoni exaust system?.Can you tell,have you used them both at your bike.?Just to fill my Guzzi "encyclopedia" of knowledge

Regards ALEX

I ran mine with the Termignonis from new so I am afraid I have no comparison. The standard system stayed in its box forever.

I do know that the standard system was much heavier than the Termis, and I am sure that the race system must give a few more BHPs, as well as sounding very nice indeed.

Guy :helmet:

For a couple of BHP more I am sure and tha can be done other way too, Now about the sound I had to know better,cause right now I like this grunty bass sound of the Lanfraconi, only that I want it a bit LOUDER and a bit more "dry" sound :D:grin:

Cheers :bier: