Fork Oil and spark plugs cables

tomsp

Well ok all - I stuck on the new NGK plug cables and all is cool. It took a while to get them into the coil! I used the old end clips and transplanted them onto the new NGK plug cables The clip end seemed to fit a little loose- but it's been several days now and still haven't fell out (500 miles since putting the plug wires in). Interesting note: before I put the new plug cables in, my RPM needle would wildly bounce all over the place. Now, the needle gage is almost still- any thoughts there anyone?

Secondly, (wildly different topic thread)- I need my lemans fork oil changed-- any info on what that cost you all would be appreciated. Moto Italiano, who are good guys from my perspective, call it a 2 hour job ($$). Input?

Thanks

btw- the ride yesterday from Stockton to West Point (Mother Lode for you guys east--and well east at that-- of the rockies) was really smooth- plug wires did their job in the 75 degree weather! There were bikes out all over the place too.

To properly drain an upside-down, cartridge fork, they should be removed from the triple clamp, turned upside-down (or rightside-up :rasta:) and pumped until the residual oil in the bottom is all out. (guess where the really dirty crap is!)

2 hours?? :luigi:

They got good techs!! :notworthy:

It cost me $300 to have the Fork oil changed but I needed new seals one of them was leaky. So a good shope I could guess $250 for the shop to do it? maybe a lil less but shop costs around here is something in the way of $90 an hour 2 hours is putting it at $180+oil costs.

Guest rotorhead

FWIW, I changed fork oil and seals last year. I did'nt think it was to difficult once I got it sorted out and I took about 3.5-4 hours. Second time will be quicker. Oil and seals were changed, total cost about 60 bucks. That couple hundred saved buys lotsa beer! :bier:

Keith

Tomsp, actually my 16 yr old daughter claimed the VTR, while the 18 yr old son and I rode the twin 900RR's. The VTR is a torque-monster, and light enough to lift the front wheel any time she wanted. She loves the thing.

Let's see......... March in Edmonton.... -15 and the forks are off the Guzzi, new fork springs arrived, Aprillia bar-ends are here, gas tanks' off, PC III's sitting in the box, rear fender is laying on the floor.....

Super-charger for the 928 just arrived...........

We find stuff to do........... :luigi:

Guest francois barraud

oil , you need 400cc for each side of SAE oil : price=26 EURO

seal=4.9 EURO

2 hours of job

rgds