letter from MGNA

dbdicker

Just today received a letter from MGNA, congratulating me on my 2 year complimentary membership in the roadside assistance program.

Effective date: April 4th, 200 and FOUR!

Well, isn't that special.

I bought the bike on that date, but haven't received my membership card til TODAY. (Coulda used it too, on one very noteworthy occasion)

Well, at least i got another year to go. Expiration date: April 4th, 2006.

Here's hoping I never need it, but that shows you the level of competency at MGNA.

Dan

Well, for what it's worth, maybe things will get better after this...

Piaggio to Office all Brands in New York

Powersports Business

Tuesday March 15, 2005

Paolo Timoni, vice president of Global Sales & Marketing at Piaggio & C. SpA, says the company is in the process of centralizing the operations of its brands in the United States at Piaggio USA, Inc. corporate headquarters in New York.

Piaggio owns the Piaggio, Vespa, Derbi, Gilera, Aprilia, Moto Guzzi and Laverda brand names. Piaggio USA, Inc. is the importer and distributor of Piaggio and Vespa brand scooters. Recently, the unit also took over the import and distribution of Derbi brand powersports vehicles in the U.S. The move ends distribution of the brand by Derbi West LLC, Portland, Ore.

While Piaggio plans to have all of its brands in the U.S. headquartered under a single roof in New York, Timoni says Vespa will continue to have a small office in California and Aprilia may continue some duties out of its facility in Georgia.

The majority of Vespa's office in Los Angeles has already been moved to the Piaggio USA office in New York. Timoni said Aprilia soon will follow. Piaggio USA, Inc. is located at 140 East 45th Street, 17th Floor, New York, N.Y. 10017; 212/380-4400.

I guess we should have that NYC rally after all. Camping might be an issue but there are plenty of restaurants.

Bear Mountain sport-touring ride

Tour of Team Obsolete headquarters in Brooklyn

Reception at Piaggio Inc.

IOM TT at Midnight (Island of Manhattan Tourist Trophy)

Beach day at Fire Island.

Broadway show nite (Spamalot? Guzzi parking in front of theatre?)

I wonder...

David in nyc