Dr. John is selling Parts on Ebay

Mike Stewart

Titanium rods are a disaster. We looked at Arrow rods for our racer and found that every few HOURS they have to be returned to the factory for testing at 400 UK POUNDS a pop for the tests!!! Nah, forget it.

The Carillos are identical to the ones I got them to make for my hot-rod and they are a lovely rod but you have to realize that if you shorten the stroke you can't use any standard pistons and keep a decent compression ratio. When you start farting about with stuff like this you open a whole can of worms, they aren't just 'Chuck em in and ride' propositions.

I'm currently building a second string engine for our race bike using my short stroke crank and these rods and to get the CR up I'm going to have to go for 'Big Valve' LeMans pistons and a while lot of lather work to get them to give us what we need with my stage II heads. I reckon I'll be able to build a corker, but it'll be a lot of time, effort and work :bbblll:

Pete

The Carillos are identical to the ones I got them to make for my hot-rod and they are a lovely rod but you have to realize that if you shorten the stroke you can't use any standard pistons and keep a decent compression ratio. When you start farting about with stuff like this you open a whole can of worms, they aren't just 'Chuck em in and ride' propositions.

These Carillos that he's selling are of a longer stroke 144mm instead of 140 that the standard 1100 is using.In any case they'll require big moods to the bike in order to be fitted and that is actually a can of worms to open. :2c:

No .thanks :doh: