Robb Report Motorcycles article / V11 Coppa Italia

Guest dolph

Guest dolph

This article really captures the spirit of the v11 guuzi. After reading it, if I didn't already have one I would go out and buy one.

It should be mentioned that it's rare to see the Robb report say anything but good things about every bike they ride. Still, it's true -- that report of the Coppa was glowing. It was written by the head editor, too. He seemed to "get it" about the Guzzi, the sound, feelings and idea of riding them. So few of the reviewers of these bikes seem to see the things that owners see. This guy did. Good for him. He's more of a motorcyclist, as most people ride bikes, than the majority of racerep writers penning reviews for the major motorcycle mags, in my opinion. I really enjoyed the review too.

Dan

heh, I went by the local news-stand to browse the article briefly, but apparently the Robb Report this month is sealed in celophane for some reason <_>

Ah well :unsure:

Ane Yeah Yeah, I could break down and buy it I suppose, but I don't feel the need to do so on a magazine I'll not read the rest of. And I don't think the publishers of the Robb Report will hurt too much financially if I just "steal" a peak at one article since I never buy the magazine otherwise :rolleyes: I'm rarely in the market for an island getaway or yacht :P

al

What article? which magazine? :unsure:

46704[/snapback]

.... ummm, please see the title of the thread ;)

It is in this months "Robb Report"... which is a "luxury" magazine here in the US, that has high-brow features on things like yachts, private islands, exotic autos, etc... high-gloss.... lots of ads for Rolex and the like :rolleyes:

heh, I went by the local news-stand to browse the article briefly, but apparently the Robb Report this month is sealed in celophane for some reason  <_>

al

46697[/snapback]

What article? which magazine? :unsure:

46704[/snapback]

It's in the latest 'Robb Reports Motorcycling', has a picture of the new Goldammer boardtracker on the cover :food:

Give me a fax number off-list and i'll be happy to fax anyone a copy of the article, if you're interested.

Dan

Anyone got a scanner ..?

46736[/snapback]

I do. Actually, perhaps that's what I'll do. I'll scan it and make it available by email. Maybe I could post in here, but it'll be a hellacious sized file. If I cut it down too much, it'll be unreadable. I'll see what I can do.

Dan

Thank you very much DB! The time & effort is much appreciated. It's a great review and of course I want a Coppa Italia now! :) Love those pix of the bike on the coast road.

These bikes must be really rare, I have never seen one or even seen one for sale.

Guest dolph
Thank you very much DB! The time & effort is much appreciated. It's a great review and of course I want a Coppa Italia now! :)  Love those pix of the bike on the coast road.

These bikes must be really rare, I have never seen one or even seen one for sale.

46796[/snapback]

OC Motorsports in Santa Ana, California has one. If I had the money, I would get it myself.

Thanks for posting the article :thumbsup: ....although, perhaps unsurprisingly, the article was a little light on real data, beyond some fluff and hyperbole :rolleyes:

But that's OK, it's not as if the Robb Report is known for in-depth technical analysis, and that's not what the magazine is about anyway :P

Any good press for MG is good news, so I guess I can't complain.

BTW, they've got one of these on the floor down here in San Jose, at Moto Italiano. I think it's been sitting around for a while, moved from store to store.

I personally find the "candy wrapper" paint scheme to be a bit too flashey for me :wacko: ... but that's just a matter of personal taste of course :whistle:

As for being "rare", well I guess by definition, all of ours are "rare" given the very low volume of the bikes in North America at the very least. Since MG regularly badge/paint engineers the V11 Sport model all the time, if one wanted a Copa, you could just get a Cafe Sport or Ohlins equipped Ballabio painted up to match. I don't think there is any limited edition thing documented for these bikes otherwise... but who knows :huh2:

But yes, I don't think there are too many rolling around...

al

Thanks for posting the article  :thumbsup:    ....although, perhaps unsurprisingly, the article was a little light on real data, beyond some fluff and hyperbole  :rolleyes:

But that's OK, it's not as if the Robb Report is known for in-depth technical analysis, and that's not what the magazine is about anyway  :P

Any good press for MG is good news, so I guess I can't complain.

BTW, they've got one of these on the floor down here in San Jose, at Moto Italiano.  I think it's been sitting around for a while, moved from store to store.

I personally find the "candy wrapper" paint scheme to be a bit too flashey for me  :wacko: ... but that's just a matter of personal taste of course  :whistle:

As for being "rare", well I guess by definition, all of ours are "rare" given the very low volume of the bikes in North America at the very least.  Since MG regularly badge/paint engineers the V11 Sport model all the time, if one wanted a Copa, you could just get a Cafe Sport or Ohlins equipped Ballabio painted up to match.  I don't think there is any limited edition thing documented for these bikes otherwise... but who knows  :huh2:

But yes, I don't think there are too many rolling around... 

al

46806[/snapback]

Thanks Al. They're still advertised on the Aussie Guzzi site for AU$26k (about US$ 20,300.00) but I agree and would have something subtler like the Cafe Sport.

Guest Nogbad

His writing style is a bit flowery and pretentious isn't it? Almost getting towards a mention in "Pseuds Corner"

I love the paint scheme on the Copa, IF that works out to be an option I will go with that scheme over the guzzi green, but it will depend on what is a more appealing option when it comes time, prolly 2 years from now. Most reports I've read on the guzzi have fluff in them, They don't have the same level of performance as any bike in its class and they don't turn as well or always stop as well but then its like a harley its a feeling you get riding them, the have real world performance, and maybe your prom date was a little overweight and not as "fast" as you would have liked but you'll never forget her. :food:

:mg: