King Kenny "rocks" NGC

supertwin1

I got the opportunity to meet and chat with Kenny Roberts in the "hot" pits in Daytona this year. He's quite the celebrity & has always been a champion in my book, racking up numerous wins back when you had to be good at all forms of cycle racing. :thumbsup:

I agree, he is a champion in my book too!

I have fond memories years ago when my friends and I would watch a movie of Kenny when he was flat tracking on a Yamaha two stroke (usually after watching "On Any Sunday"). You could hear the Harley twin engine sound out of the turns and then a two stroke engine shifting many times down the short straights. Kenny made his move just before the finish line and won!

Mike

Back when Hank Blackstock was on this forum, he came out to my house for a visit and a ride. The ride was to Kenny Roberts house where Hank's protoge was training. Kenny wasn't around, and I didn't get the big tour, but it was sure neat to get inside the gate and see the layout of his ranch.

King Kenny's playground

Just 18 miles from my house.

Kenny Roberts was a great racer. I remember when he used to come over for the Easter match races here...but the sight & sound I'll never forget was Cal Rayborn on his Harley at Oulton Park (1972?) walking away from the rest - flat out thru Knickerbrook, bike twisting as it hit the dip, throttle pinned up Clay Hill, under the Dunlop bridge, front end light over the crest - I was only a kid - it was like nothing else I'd seen before. ...it's a long time ago...but I can see & hear him right now.... :) still one of the most impressive sights I ever saw...

KB :sun:

Kenny Roberts was a great racer. I remember when he used to come over for the Easter match races here...but the sight & sound I'll never forget was Cal Rayborn on his Harley at Oulton Park (1972?) walking away from the rest - flat out thru Knickerbrook, bike twisting as it hit the dip, throttle pinned up Clay Hill, under the Dunlop bridge, front end light over the crest - I was only a kid - it was like nothing else I'd seen before. ...it's a long time ago...but I can see & hear him right now.... :) still one of the most impressive sights I ever saw...

KB :sun:

46745[/snapback]

Cal Rayborn was the last good thing to come out of an association with Harley Davidson.