how to build your own mgs01 strada

Paul Minnaert

2 guys in austria, wanted a mgs01 to drive on the street, they started with a centauro, and made the mold for the fearing/tank/tail from only the pictures.

First from the two is almost ready, now at the mistral factory to get a made to measure exhaust system. Since Mistral made the first proto exhaust too.

The link to their pictures: http://www.guzzipfarrer.at/chassis-MGS-01.html

MGS-01.jpg

This is great - even affordable, maybe. The hardest part these days is getting a Centauro. Still, you could go with a 2V engine just as easily and call it an MGS02. What would you call this one though? It doesn't have the advanced chassis features of the MG01 so I would be loathe to call it an MGS01 replica although MGS Strada certainly would be appropriate.

2 guys in austria, wanted a mgs01 to drive on the street, they started with a centauro, and made the mold for the fearing/tank/tail from only the pictures.

First from the two is almost ready, now at the mistral factory to get a made to

Wow ,That's something like the project I want to do for myself. Coool :food: tasty

:thumbsup: Will further examine this one. How did you find it?

Do you know if they shortened the Centauro frame ?

Perhaps later they will replace the guzzi swing arm by another beautifull part. :luigi:

:2c: It is too bad they didn't fit fork like ours so their bike could be still more closer of the original Corsa

But great job anyway

Guest mathieuguzzi

Interesting.

They also fitted the 6 speed gearbox.

BTW they seem to use the 5 spokes in Y wheels from PVM. It the first time that I see a Guzzi with them. I prefer the look of the 10 spokes.

Mathieu

It's a beautiful bike. Putting it together though, has got to be pretty close in cost to purchasing the real thing. Personally, I'm hoping for a resurrection of the VA10 in street from in this livery. That, would be a truly attractive street bike.