Moto Guzzi website update

zebulon

I'm with nogbad, I said it looks nice not exactly for me but my fav bikes are the speed triple esp the new one, The new Super duke is nice even the benelli tnt looks alright keep is simple for me big motors big looks small amounts of plastic there are exceptions but I'd really like to see a griso in person sometime soon.

Guest Nogbad
I'm with nogbad, I said it looks nice not exactly for me but my fav bikes are the speed triple esp the new one, The new Super duke is nice even the benelli tnt looks alright keep is simple for me big motors big looks small amounts of plastic there are exceptions but I'd really like to see a griso in person sometime soon.

47178[/snapback]

These are all nice bikes, and fine if you can afford a garage full! I only have one at a time, and the big plus of the V11 is I can ride it to work and back all week, go for a blast at the weekend too and not have to spend 2 hours a week with a bowl of paraffin and a load of old toothbrushes trying to keep a stupid exposed chain in good condition.

I will NEVER EVER buy a chain driven bike again, they are just too much damn trouble and mess.

I will NEVER EVER buy a chain driven bike again, they are just too much damn trouble and mess.

..Hehe . And I thought that it was only me thinking this!c007.gif

Cheers mate :bier:

I stick with Guzzi (for many other reasons as well) :mg: and I hope they came up with sth more competiive sometime (NOT extreme necessarlly) at the sporty section.

P.S. Edit. Ooooops that was my 100th post , it's time to buy you some beers.

Cheers Everyone..There's plenty for all ...I guess.

a063.gifa063.gifa056.GIFa063.gifa056.gif

With the alternator set up top like it is, what kind of frame are they going to use for the Griso and/or the Breva? Anyone know? It sure doesn't look like there's enough room for a spine-type frame.

J

Guest Nogbad
With the alternator set up top like it is, what kind of frame are they going to use for the Griso and/or the Breva?  Anyone know?  It sure doesn't look like there's enough room for a spine-type frame.

J

47234[/snapback]

The Griso seems to have an external perimeter frame. I didn't look at the Breva with enough interest to notice, but with that kind of cruisery profile there probably is room for a spine frame under there.

With the alternator set up top like it is, what kind of frame are they going to use for the Griso and/or the Breva?  Anyone know?  It sure doesn't look like there's enough room for a spine-type frame.

J

47234[/snapback]

They're offshoots of the Quota lineage, iirc. See? The Quota *wasn't* a dead-end after all! ;)

Too bad Guzzi isn't still making the Quota: the ES looked better than *either* the Breva or the Griso, and is almost certainly a more capable mount to boot. [sigh] Still the Griso has some hope for success, but my take on the Breva is that they shoulda stayed with the 750 styling. Seems like they went too extreme with the Breva 1100, so it winds up looking like some bloated caricature of the 750... <_>

Thanks TX!

Looks like a perimeterish frame up top, but why did they put the rear swingarm pivots so close together? Seems like they should have gone outside the driveline for a wider, more rigid pivot. Heck, it probably doesn't matter a whit.

Cool picture, though- you guys are the best :bier:

Jason

edit- I liked the quota too. I wasn't aware it had the same style frame. Too bad it didn't sell better.