Moto Guzzi website update

zebulon

That new Breva 1100 looks pretty sweet I'd be interested if I didn't have a V11, I hope it does well for them would be good for all of us if it does. My only fear is that it could be too little too late for the US market. :huh2:

That new Breva 1100 looks pretty sweet I'd be interested if I didn't have a V11, I hope it does well for them would be good for all of us if it does. My only fear is that it could be too little too late for the US market.  :huh2:

Photos are perhaps nice to see but they remain photos.If I don't see it hitting the stores I won't believe there is one.And until then they can make it as "primo piano" or "primo violino" or even as "prima balerina" they want.

We had enough photos already from MGS1's and earlier V10s' motors and so on. Sure the Breva looks sweet, and sertainly there are some innovations including the shaft and the cockpit ,to name a few ,which make it interesting motorcycle , but with 233kg and 86CV for a 1100 (twin spark!!) at the other hand is way to far for to get the serious interest of the motorcycle market.That's my :2c:

I'll hold my final judgement 'til I see it in the flesh but, right now I think it looks like crap :2c: The ass end is higher than a lot of dirt bikes & it's covered in plastic. That plastic chrome box under the tank has got to go :vomit: Looking at the photos it looks like that guys knees are jammed in the valve covers, another bike for short folks :huh2:

This is what they should have built years ago especialy if they wanted to go after the BMW crowd

First off, thanks for the news Zeb.

Personally, I rather like the Breva. I don't like everything about it, but overall it's not a bad looking bike. At least you can still see the motor and transmission.... I'm also rather hopeful that it will be a fun bike to ride, and THAT's the important thing. Guzzi has a great history of fun-to-ride bikes. Not big horspower (V11 sport), not great looks (T-3, T-5 or modern Cali's :vomit: ), but always a hoot to ride (everything from the loopframe to the V11sport). Ultimately, that's how I'll judge the Breva.

That's my :2c:

Jason

I agree to you jrt , MGs are fun to ride and so it should be(at least it is supposed so) and to me it isn't HP that matters most. It is the weight that counts most to make fun out of it.

Now this is a230+Bike and if you add fuell and fluids

easily gets around 250-260kg .Concerning that it is a touring bike with a couple of bags there kg will go even more. Personally I can't see any fun about it and especially if you are touring weight IS of importance.It's should be a mimimum 30-35kg lighter to start talking about fun (and forget the PS)

Hey this is 2005 they should using some lighter materials in some parts to reduce weight, or ? The Daytona 1000 was built ten years ago and they had it in 203kg (that was OK) but some years later released the RS and made it even heavier, can't find some logic to that (since they could and had made a lighter bike they come back and make it heavier c028.gif)

Even BMW latelly are producing lighter models (and I believe without having to sacrifice any stability)c033.gif

Guest Jeff in Ohio
Photos are perhaps nice to see but they remain photos.If I don't see it hitting the stores I won't believe there is one.And until then they can make it as "primo piano" or "primo violino" or  even as "prima balerina" they want.

We had enough photos already from MGS1's and earlier V10s' motors and so on. Sure the Breva looks sweet, and sertainly there are some innovations including the shaft and the cockpit ,to name a few ,which make it interesting motorcycle , but with 233kg and 86CV for a 1100 (twin spark!!) at the other hand is way to far for to get the serious  interest of the motorcycle market.That's my :2c:

47140[/snapback]

Dude, slow down a second. Guzzi had their international press introduction LAST WEEK. Several sites (www.motorbox.com and http://www.motociclismo.it/edisport/moto/N...A5?OpenDocument and www.motonline.com) have reported on it. Motomecca in the UK expects delivery in 2 weeks. The Holland importer is expecting bikes in April. Both of those Italian sites thought it was a very nice machine. So you see, it DOES exist. Check with your local importer to see when they expect delivery. For once Guzzi delivered as promised. They said the Breva 1100 would be out be spring, and it is..................

Is it just me or does the bike not look very Italian anymore? It does look like they're taking styling cues from BMW :vomit: The V11 tank is a classic Guzzi design & they kept none of that :homer: I cant read the Italian but the engine design still looks cool. I've said it before...they need much more displacement if they want to compete in the current marketplace. 1100cc is a toy cruiser here in the states now.

Italian sites thought it was a very nice machine.  So you see, it DOES exist.  Check with your local importer to see when they expect delivery. For once Guzzi delivered as promised. They said the Breva 1100 would be out be spring, and it is..................

I know it will be out sometime, it may be out already since it is for sale

Breva for sale

(Perhaps as a pre order)

But way or another I'm not in a worry,I got my Guzzi (and even If I buy an0ther it would be before '99 model-as of right now)

Since they didn;t deliver the MGS for public as promised (at least till last September they claimed so when I was by the factory and asked them)

So I am a little or a bit more p**ed off a037.gif(Like some others as well may be).Because saving money on this I lost other opportunities (at least that).I think to buy a 999 and go outside the factory

(of course with other p***ed 999 users)and make a nice burn out e022.gif as a protest (LMAO) and p**$ them off as well(the Mediteranean way...e106.gif)

Appart all these though the Breva ist just another Dinosaur weight Guzzi with lots of interesting innovations though and "new" design,which is nice look IMPO.

The V11 tank is a classic Guzzi design & they kept none of that  I cant read the Italian but the engine design still looks cool.

First of all, to tell you the truth the V11 looks more like Aprilia-ish design than anything else.

Take a look at the tank (at least the tank) of an Aprilia , let's say the RS250

it's in the same "bulky"style.

Second, It doesn't seem though that they intend to replace the V11 with the Breva, so none has to worry about it.

I've said it before...they need much more displacement if they want to compete in the current marketplace. 1100cc is a toy cruiser here in the states now.

Yea that's clear for a cruiser like the California for example better would be to have 100-150cc more(as a cruiser) But I can hardly imagine if it would fit the Guzzi style a 1400cc or more engine because then again Guzzi is not at the same image as a Harley with 1400cc and 60whp (plus 600lbs weight)

And something else, you see here in Europe big cc are getting Big taxes and sometimes "fat"insurance fees as well.So it may seem to you strange but here in Europe (and Europe is a big motorcycle market)Big bore=big walet.

Guest Nogbad

Forget the Breva. Sorry to say this but I think its an ugly soft looking bike for shorties and the inexperienced.

I want a Griso. When is the Griso coming!

I dont see why they cant use the Breva motor and build another cafe racer like the V11. IMHO the Breva and Griso are ok, but I dont know why they cant seem to keep it simple rather than adding more "styling". Engine,frame,suspension, wheels,tank and seat. Make it look good and discard all that other shit.