V11 Courier bike?

Guest Fox

Guest Brian Robson

I use the V11 every day for work, and I put on about 3,500 Km per month in all types of riding. It is my only bike and it is used all year round, for work and pleasure.

It may not be as hard use as a courier bike, but it has never let me down at the side of the road. It seems to hold up OK. :bier:

I use the V11 every day for work, and I put on about 3,500 Km per month in all types of riding. It is my only bike and it is used all year round, for work and pleasure.

It may not be as hard use as a courier bike, but it has never let me down at the side of the road. It seems to hold up OK. :bier:

47761[/snapback]

Hmmm thanks Brian. I'm looking at a Suzuki GS 500 for the work, but it would be interesting to see how the Guzzi would go. If you're gonna be riding all day it sure would be nice to be on a Guzzi, but then again it's tough work for the bike. I imagine it would be around 4000k per month milage (kilometrage?). Do you ride the bike all day or is that just commuting?

Charlie.

Guest Nogbad

I commute on my V11 some of the time and it can do 450 miles a week. It's never let me down, but I haven't had it that long.

I would say for distance work it will be fine. If you are going to get stuck in towns in high summer, a big air cooled engine like the Guzzi will fry and it won't be a pleasant ride for you either. If you are likely to do a lot of urban riding you want something more upright and water cooled. I had a Suzuki SV650 naked and that was a wicked urban bike and ok for distance with a flyscreen. (And fun to ride too. Much better and faster than the GS500)

I used my SP for courier work in London in the '80's. All the lags told me it would be no good, they were wrong, it was great! I'd think that a V11 would be harder work and Sydney's hotter than London so if you got stuck in traffic it could be painful.

Being honest I'd say that there would be a zillion other more practical machines to use for courier work, you need something super-reliable, cheap to run, moderately comfortable and easy to repair or have repaired. My SP fitted those criteria back in the '80's, whether a current model V11 would I dunno :2c:

Pete

Guest PAULSMART

I think the V11 is a right handfull in traffick - the fuelling below 4000rpm does not make town work enjoyable, keep to the open road :race:

Shame really as it would be a real head turner :mg:

Paul

I think there is somebody on this forum who use to deliver pizza with his V11.

Can you imagine this..?

Maybe does TX deliver taco's to his hispano friends at home...... :o

47806[/snapback]

argh, i struggle with reasons not to do this every summer. but the dinner rush/rush hour? i'd have to be totaly crazy! and then there's the rain...

I think there is somebody on this forum who use to deliver pizza with his V11.

Can you imagine this..?

Maybe does TX deliver taco's to his hispano friends at home...... :o

47806[/snapback]

Hey lay off. dey just tryin to hava gooud time mang

:grin:

I think the V11 is a right handfull in traffick - the fuelling below 4000rpm does not make town work enjoyable, keep to the open road :race:

Shame really as it would be a real head turner :mg:

Paul

47852[/snapback]

But the 750 Breva would be a blast and very competent in traffic!