Cheap Sports in Seattle

guzziownr

My local dealer is quoting $10,000 U.S. plus shipping and prep for the Black '04 sport Naked.

Moto International is on the other side of the country but look at those prices!

http://www.motointernational.com/MI10-04.htm

I could learn to live with a silver or red bike I guess, they don't seem to have any black ones.

Is there any difference between an '03 and an '04? Peeling paint, explosive clutches, fuel pump in tank, etc.

David in NYC

David --

There really is no "black" 03 or 04 V11. It's charcoal and black -- Guzzi calls it "black."

Per peeling engine paint, etc., the LATE 03s and 04s seem to have all the bugs worked out of them -- I own a "black" late 03 and am in love with it.

$10,000 isn't bad at all for that bike. Yeah, you could probably save some by purchasing from Moto International, but you certainly wouldn't be at the top of the que when it came to dealer service.

Get the bike from your NY dealer -- make him throw in a free first service -- and ride away on what I (multiple-Guzzi owner) consider to be the most well-rounded Guzzi ever built.

Best of luck.

I wish they had some pics of these things. Might help them sell them. With the prices of some of those bikes I don't know how they keep them on the floor. I would buy a couple then sell them on Ebay for a few grand more or sumptin. Anyway I don't live anywhere near either of those coast I'll stick to Motoprimo for now. (till they piss me off again) ;)

oooh, how can you pass up a $3000 savings just like that? It's right, right.....you should buy from your local dealer. But you didn't cause the disaster distribution of MGNA, did you? All those low mileage and demo bikes floating around because Guzzi can't keep their dealers in business and sells off their remaining stock en masse to mega dealers like Moto and OC Triumph at 50 cents on the dollar??

No -- you got a chance for an almost brand new bike at 30% off and you should take it. Dave at MotoInternational is probably one of the top 5 MG dealers in the country and a Guzziphile to boot. I set up a friend with a leftover 03 EV with him at a steal price and I recommend you save the money too.

Hell, these bikes are basically bulletproof and Dave will make sure that your bike has all the updates available before he ships it to you. You're taking a (small) chance against your new bike needing major warranty work. I say go for it..........but I'm a cheapskate at heart. :blush:

Guest MotoMessiah

Does anyone know if these bikes (or any new guzzi) are 50 staters? As in Cali equiped? I've been looking for a new one but from what I understand I will have to purchase it in California as the DMV here is quite strict with new vehicles that are brought in from other states.

David --

There really is no "black" 03 or 04 V11.  It's charcoal and black -- Guzzi calls it "black."

Per peeling engine paint, etc., the LATE 03s and 04s seem to have all the bugs worked out of them -- I own a "black" late 03 and am in love with it.

$10,000 isn't bad at all for that bike.  Yeah, you could probably save some by purchasing from Moto International, but you certainly wouldn't be at the top of the que when it came to dealer service.

Get the bike from your NY dealer -- make him throw in a free first service -- and ride away on what I (multiple-Guzzi owner) consider to be the most well-rounded Guzzi ever built.

Best of luck.

47836[/snapback]

My local dealer charges $85 per hour for labor. The first service on my 2000 Jackal was $600 and I discovered later that the yellow paint on the throttle linkages was still intact after he "synched" them. I will most likely uncrate the bike myself at those rates so buying from Seattle is not so far fetched. Loyalty is not created by geography.

DW

My local dealer charges $85 per hour for labor.  The first service on my 2000 Jackal was $600 and I discovered later that the yellow paint on the throttle linkages was still intact after he "synched" them.  I will most likely uncrate the bike myself at those rates so buying from Seattle is not so far fetched.  Loyalty is not created by geography.

DW

47843[/snapback]

Point taken. But, local dealers must survive if the brand is to survive.

I've been trading with my dealer for over ten years. Parts prices are right -- advice is free -- and it's a great place to simply "hang out" now and again.

For me -- priceless.

I wish they had some pics of these things. Might help them sell them. With the prices of some of those bikes I don't know how they keep them on the floor. 

47839[/snapback]

[RE: the 10/04 Moto Int'l. pricelist]

The mystery of "how they keep them on the floor" is: they don't! Those bikes were all pretty much spoken for by mid-October last year; Dave Richardson had waiting lists lined up for just about everything before he'd even accepted delivery of the various dealer overstocks. The story behind these bikes were that MGNA had taken them back from dealers that decided to close their Guzzi relations when the factory was on the blocks last year and MGNA then sold them in an internal auction to interested dealers at a discount since they desperately needed to get something happening

So, before getting all excited about the prices, you should contact Moto Int'l. to see if they still have any left.

:)

Does anyone know if these bikes (or any new guzzi) are 50 staters? As in Cali equiped? I've been looking for a new one but from what I understand I will have to purchase it in California as the DMV here is quite strict with new vehicles that are brought in from other states.

47842[/snapback]

All '00 & later Guzzis are 50-state models, iirc. For sure '03 & up are, per Dave Richardson.

Guest MotoMessiah
All '00 & later Guzzis are 50-state models, iirc. For sure '03 & up are, per Dave Richardson.

47998[/snapback]

That is good news. Though I am a bit weary given the way the DMV operates here. I will have to check to see if there are Cal equiped stickers on these bikes; or simply what the DMV's policy is on bringing new vehicles from other states even if they are listed as 50-State bikes.

Thanks for the info!

Guest Corey

Hey! Cool site, just found it! I bought the grey 04 Ballibio of that list for $8500 brand new! I don't think he has updated that list in awhile, but you won't find a cooler dealer than Moto International. Tiny dealer though, only has enough floor space to display a few bikes.

Guest burke
Hey!  Cool site, just found it!  I bought the grey 04 Ballibio of that list for $8500 brand new!  I don't think he has updated that list in awhile, but you won't find a cooler dealer than Moto International.  Tiny dealer though, only has enough floor space to display a few bikes.

48021[/snapback]

He only has Ballabios left. I called on the v11 sports and he is out of all of them <_<

But on the plus side, I found a used 2003 from a private seller so I am now an ex aprilia now turned guzzi rider. :)

He only has Ballabios left.  I called on the v11 sports and he is out of all of them  <_>

But on the plus side, I found a used 2003 from a private seller so I am now an ex aprilia now turned guzzi rider.  :)

48113[/snapback]

couldn't you have both? how did you like your aprilla? I'm looking at getting a mille or a futura I can't decide if I want to tour. or just go out for a pushing the envelope blast. :huh2: