Star Trek Technology Here Now!!!!

helicopterjim R.I.P.

....he may just not have had a digital photo of his handy, and just used one of many found on the Internet :huh2:

He also may have no idea where his photo came from, and again just used one he found floating around the Internet via a quick Google... if so, then .... :huh:

As long as it isn't fraud, that is, he doesn't actually have an MGS to sell, then I don't see the big deal.... other than he may made an error in etiquette :unsure:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....he may just not have had a digital photo of his handy, and just used one of many found on the Internet  :huh2:

He also may have no idea where his photo came from, and again just used one he found floating around the Internet via a quick Google... if so, then ....  :huh:

As long as it isn't fraud, that is, he doesn't actually have an MGS to sell, then I don't see the big deal.... other than he may made an error in etiquette  :unsure:

47922[/snapback]

True. Interesting though that he asks to be paid with cash or personal cheque. I wonder if he prefers small denominations too!

In this day and age it shouldn't be too difficult to take your own digital picture or get a friend to take one. I couldn't wait to snap photo's of mine when I got it.

I am more interested in ebays response to ee how they react to these things.

I recieved an email from the bloke who is selling the MGS. His response is as follows:

hello again, ive just twigged what you mean. no im not trying to steal and sell your bike. i dont collect mine till monday but needed a true picture not a brochure type to put in the ad. most brochure pic's show silver cylinder heads and no catch tank. i found yours through a search engine which took me to a msn chatroom type affair. never in a million years would i expect you to come across it. anyway ive changed the picture and sent a colleuge to take a g picture of my bike. so sorry for that, you can sleep easy, cheers.

Seems legit but I've still got mine so no worries there.

The seller has told me that he races against the guy who bought it new, who is the manager of M & S Motorcycles in Newcastle.

He raced against the bike at Croft circuit a few weeks back and, as the story goes, agreed to buy the bike and from the original owner and pick it up next Monday.

Apparently he recently got a head injury from a racing accident and has decided to sell the bike on once again, before he has even picked it up.

Guy

Apparently he recently got a head injury from a racing accident and has decided to sell the bike on once again, before he has even picked it up.

Guy

48033[/snapback]

...and rake in a tidy profit!!!

...and rake in a tidy profit!!!

48037[/snapback]

That is if he sells it! No interest yet on EBAY.

The dealers are selling brand new ones for £1000 more than the Buy It Now price he is quoting.

Bearing in mind his has already been raced, and had 2 owners he should expect to get less than the price he is after.

Guy :helmet:

That's all crap. Everyone thinks now that they can gain a few more bucks vecause the bike didn't make ir into production and that will make it rare.

It is rare but it cannot sold like a rarrity until things clear up.

In 10-15 years or more a bike like this in mint condition will have it's rare values.

You can't just sell sth that is now on the market with a list price more than that price.I see watches for example. Breitling for instace, has made up a few models in very rare production with serial number(300pieces or 1000series), yet again these are sold list price or less(well almost all Breitlings are of limmited production collectibles anyway)Maybe in some more years will have some value (that goes to anything collectible).And that's not a standard , it will also depend of the status of the brand in the market,the demand of the people about that piece, ect.ect.ect.

The seller has told me that he races against the guy who bought it new, who is the manager of M & S Motorcycles in Newcastle.

He raced against the bike at Croft circuit a few weeks back and, as the story goes, agreed to buy the bike and from the original owner and pick it up next Monday.

Guy

48033[/snapback]

Thanks for the information.

Guest Nogbad

There can't be a huge market for track only bikes, and if you want one, why not just get a written off GSXR1000 for a couple of grand and stick some trick bits on it.

I bet you would ride a lot faster and push your envelope a lot harder on a bike that doesn't matter so much if you bin it...... :2c: