Guzzi up for sale

Guest Fox

There's an interview with Piaggio head in the new AMCN and hes says they don't want Guzzi, so they are looking at offers ... scary stuff.

Guest Nogbad
The ex president of Alfa Romeo is now the top manager of Moto Guzzi in Mandello del Lario.

47980[/snapback]

OMG! So much for improved reliability now then! :huh2:

Guest rosso mandello
OMG! So much for improved reliability now then!  :huh2:

47988[/snapback]

Hey, back of on Alfa Romeo. I drive an ALFA 155, 1,8 8V SPORT, year l996, 190.000 km, no problems at all. I wish the same for my ROSSO.

greetings Mogens.

Guest Nogbad
Hey, back of on Alfa Romeo. I drive an ALFA 155, 1,8 8V SPORT, year l996, 190.000 km, no problems at all.

greetings Mogens.

48059[/snapback]

Well, you know what they say; "Better to be born lucky than rich"

Guest TheFaz
Well, you know what they say; "Better to be born lucky than rich"

48072[/snapback]

Actually, I drove two Alfas all over Italy, from Milan to Sicily, arond the island and back again. On two seperate occassions, in two seperate Alfas. Neither time did I ever have a problem. In fact the idea never crossed my mind. But then again, maybe that "luck" thing plays into it as I own a 1978 FIAT with over 165,000 miles on it, and up until I decided to store it, it was a daily drive on the hills of San Francisco! :thumbsup:

Guzzi content:

At one point on one of the trips, as we were coming out of a tunnel in Sicily, I noticed two headlights coming up FAST behind me. Bikes. I moved to the right but maintained my speed of about 90mph when suddenly two Polizia Stradale members...ON GUZZIS...pulled along side, looked over at me, nodded and sped off. One of the officers had a "TRAINEE" sticker on the back of his bike. I'm still not sure which models they were, possibly SP-III's? This was in 2001.

Guest Bruce

Something doesn't add up. Else where on the forum I read that MG puts out about 1100 bikes per year. If this is true 6M Euros annually is a rather large number investment for such a small company. Also, why would the former Prez of Alpha Romeo take such a position?

Something doesn't add up. Else where on the forum I read that MG puts out about 1100 bikes per year. If this is true 6M Euros annually is a rather large number investment for such a small company. Also, why would the former Prez of Alpha Romeo take such a position?

48114[/snapback]

More likely that MGNA imports about 1100 a year into the USA. I seem to recall that MG's production is closer to 9000 units yearly for the last couple of years. I could be way off too...