Hey Tomsp & Davidb

Guest Dave Pott

Guest Dave Pott

Looks like a bit of rain tonight but clearing this weekend....just enough to leave nice clean road surfaces :thumbsup:

I missed out on a Death Valley run due to emergency opertion on our 12 yr old Yellow Lab. Had some kind of rupture in his gut....Vet still isn't sure the "why & what for"

Anyway, depending on how he's doing, we may try a run to the Gold Country this time. Would love to hook up with you guys or any other Guzzi riders in the area :mg:

If we go, we'll spend Sat. night up there somewhere.

well Dave, that's one way to introduce a topic thread :grin: Man, sorry about the pup. I know what that's like with two of my own (plus 2 kids!). On dogs (nice topic there) one time I spend $800.00 on emergency surgery for a Basset Hound who ate a huge dirtclod which became imbedded in his intestines! Now I'm sure it would cost twice that as that was like 10 years ago.

This saturday is out for me due to daughter's science olympiad state finals in sacramento.

See what davidb is up to -- haven't seen him all winter-- and all other interested riders, for a time and place.

Guest Dave Pott

Well shoot, may not be going now anyway....got bad news from the Vet over the lunch hour. :( Probably stay close to home.

We need to all get together and do some riding! :race:

Man, Carl needs to get a bike running! He is the greatest at arranging rides!

Heck, we should do a two dayer and go up to Death Valley and spend the night. What do you guy's think?

Any excuse to ride,

Mike

Hey Mike

I'm off for a quick ride this am. Alice's and back. Leaving at 7:15 w/ a neighbor on his Duc.

But I would really be interested in the Death Valley ride.

Cheers, Tim

We need to all get together and do some riding!  :race: 

Man, Carl needs to get a bike running!  He is the greatest at arranging rides!

Heck, we should do a two dayer and go up to Death Valley and spend the night.  What do you guy's think?

Any excuse to ride,

Mike

48256[/snapback]

You should all ride up to carls house drive in a few circles wave a little and peel off. ya know just to show your 'support' :lol:

Guest davidb

A little more notice next time and Im in. Today(sunday) I have to ride to modesto then to stockton for a funeral.

Now now, be careful to cast stones at Carl, lest you jinx yourself :grin: ... heck, if only *I* had a bike :unsure:

:rolleyes:

I guess that's what I get for trying to plan ahead and put the bike "in early to get it done over Winter". How silly of me :P It's been like 4 months at this point <_ in theory it will be done next week but i been hearing that for a month. so am wee bit skeptical at this point. get when it... seems.>

I couldn't have gone anyway though. We had to take the baby to hospital this morning. But it looks like all is fine.... just a viral thing.

al

Hey Mike

I'm off for a quick ride this am.  Alice's and back.  Leaving at 7:15 w/ a neighbor on his Duc.

But I would really be interested in the Death Valley ride. 

Cheers, Tim

48267[/snapback]

I avoid the Alices 9/Skyline/84 circuit these days. I have been up there as of last Fall, but the squid and LEO presence, not mention the sheer traffic, just puts a damper on the whole affair. It seems like there is a wreck or two every weekend once the "season" kicks in :(

...it's not so bad on a weekday though.

I would love to take a ride with a scenic destination(or the trip itself) in mind, one that perhaps gleaned from Pashnit.com... but most importantly is a "road less travelled" by the cycling masses :thumbsup:

We should definitely try to plan something in the coming months, although I have to say my schedule is going to be very dicey with work(2wks on-call in May), travel, and getting the house ready to sell from now until July/August :unsure:

al

Death Valley ? I think so.

Leave Sat morning, go to Vegas via the secondary highways..

Get into mischief and debt on Sat night in Vegas.

Wake up very early Sunday morning, ride through Death Valley as the sun comes up.

Ride home

Death Valley ?  I think so.

Leave Sat morning, go to Vegas via the secondary highways..

Get into mischief and debt on Sat night in Vegas.

Wake up very early Sunday morning, ride through Death Valley as the sun comes up.

Ride home

48358[/snapback]

I was thinking riding up to Death Valley, eat :food: drink :bier: and drink :drink: some more and then ride home the next day. There is a nice hotel and restaurant/bar in Furnace Creek, good enough to bring the wife along.

The only other problem is it will be starting to heat up really soon, I will be away toward the end of the month. Going to New Mexico and Arizona for the Rally!

Mike

Guest davidb

there is a couple of roads I found in the Murphys area. Some are up to 80mph but most are 20 to 40 and slower if you are like me and like to look at the creeks, waterfalls, and varmits. we should cruise through there sometime. If you would like to check your map, the names are. Dogtown rd, french gulch rd, redhill rd, lovecreek rd,sheep ranch rd, and parrots ferry rd to the bar in Columbia for a refreshment.