My grand day out

DeBenGuzzi

Goto work get off early goto dealer 1:30 Spent rest of the day at the dealer and heard a few sweet bikes running. I was there for new tires, Made an appt got there early should take an hour, they have trouble with the rear wheel(maybe new guy?) found the brake side rear bearing was shot :angry: . so they send someone out(guy that actually sold me the bike last year) to get the bearing (they don't have one) goes to the supply store (they're out) :huh2: comes back calls around drives clear across town in rush hour traffic on a scooter finds the bearing they install both rear bearings free of charge just charge me what it cost them for the bearings and then I paid for the mounting of the wheels. $15 each bearing and $45 a tire plus a few minor expenses I only spent $130 which could have easily cost me an arm maybe half a leg. Lets just say I met some very cool ppl in my 4 hours a local guy with a ballabio and the Guzzi Ti's I've finally gotten to hear them My vote perfect for what I want but if I can't find them by next summer I'll go for the Mistrals the MG ti's are in fact not made by Mistral they are made by GPR or something close to that, a german company, funny he thought my drilled cans sounded nice too. A tech said I should get the computer flashed and the fuel adjusted I said NAH its running fine the tech that rode it I asked him speficially and he said its running great maybe it was rich to begin with? BUT I do notice I have less low end and what seems like a lot more top end (passed a semi much faster than b4) I'll pick up a PCIII real soon anyway. I may have sold that guy with the ballabio his names clay nice guy about the Rich maund seat its great so far everyone commented on it. :thumbsup: Another topic apparently the concensus at Motoprimo that the best bike ever made(recently) is the SV650 :moon: I even said REALLY? but its so butt ugly. Second was the Aprilia Mille :thumbsup: they all love that bike (and they don't sell aprilia) My only hiccup so far the new tires feel a lil wobbly they don't have that nice flat spot worn into the tire so the bike wants to turn and turn much sharper and harder than b4 :race: . Also I rode for awhile in rush hour get home change shower come back down start it up. It dies puffs a small cloud of smoke I freak out get off the bike couldn't tell where it had come from get back on try to start it won't start I start to panic then notice its in gear pop in neutral and it fires right up :homer: ...strange... :huh2: Anyway Motoprimo may not always be the chapest but they sure are the best bunch of moto guys around Mpls. I've gotta get a bike from them next time as well. :food: I learned a few other things but they aren't worth mentioning on here like the New Triumph speed triple feels like youre sitting on a motard but its still so sweeeeet. That is all. :grin:

sounds like a great afternoon....those are the kind of days that make having to go to work okay. In fact they make the work day pass by faster. :bier:

Very cool experience, and glad to hear you have the support of a good dealer :)

...as far as the SV650, I agree that it has got to be in the top 10 of current "do it all well" bikes. Especially out here in CA, people tour on them, race them, do courier work on them, etc.... a great "do all" bike, and it has good performance and reliability to boot :race:

They are extremely popular.

al

Guest Nogbad

I had an SV650 before the V11. Excellent bike apart from the squishy budget suspension. They should make a version with higher spec forks and shock, it would be worth the extra.

Guest burke
I had an SV650 before the V11. Excellent bike apart from the squishy budget suspension. They should make a version with higher spec forks and shock, it would be worth the extra.

48274[/snapback]

Ive owned two milles. The only reason I got rid of them is that I am done with superbikes. But, I have to say that they were the best handling bikes I have ever owned (both showa and ohlins versions). They also had extemly nice power delivery, solid linear power band.

Talking about them almost makes me wish I could afford multiple street bikes. If you are in the market for a fast street bike or a race bike that will make you faster, go for the mille. Damn nice bike

48274[/snapback]

True, but fortunately since the bike is so darned popular... there are tons of suspension options for the bike.... everything from swapping shocks from GSXR suspension goodies, to new aftermarket kits.

And with all of them out there, especially used as track bikes, these parts are a "dime a dozen" :D

The SV is really a great bike to keep in mind, as the options are quite varied... and affordable all-around.

And yes, I've always heard good things about the Mille, but I hear better things about the Tuono :P It will be interesting to see what Aprilia will do next, since they killed off the Falco(another great bike) and the Futura.

al

Guest Thundering Subash

I agree Ben, for a big dealer, Moto Primo is pretty good to deal with. That's where I bought my Lemans.

So, what kind of tires did you get, did you buy them from the dealer or bring them in, and did you happen to get the parts number of the rear bearings?

Enjoy your new tires. I'm due soon myself. Perhaps we'll meet up some time at 1st Thursday or some Guzzi event, or maybe Betty's Bikes and Buns.

:bier:

:mg::thumbsup:

-Chris

the concensus at Motoprimo that the best bike ever made(recently) is the SV650  :moon:  I even said REALLY? but its so butt ugly.

48221[/snapback]

You're thinking of the post '03 SV: the original '99-'02 is one of the prettiest bikes ever made. How do I know? I have one, & even my mom, who hates motorcycles has told me it's about the prettiest machine she's ever seen. How can you refute that?

;)

But yeah, the '03+ got hit with the BIG ugly stick! Dunno what possessed Suzuki to do that! The irony is, that they had waited that long to release the SV1k that everyone had been begging them for since the 650 came out, & they gave them both to the same idiot stylist so now there's a whole FAMILY of uglified SVs!... :bbblll:

Such is life. Luckily, Moto Guzzi still makes some pretty bikes, altho' they've had their share of "OOPS!" moments... [Can you say something like "Half Man, Half Horse?.." :whistle: ]

:grin:

I agree Ben, for a big dealer, Moto Primo is pretty good to deal with.  That's where I bought my Lemans.

So, what kind of tires did you get, did you buy them from the dealer or bring them in, and did you happen to get the parts number of the rear bearings?

Enjoy your new tires.  I'm due soon myself.  Perhaps we'll meet up some time at 1st Thursday or some Guzzi event, or maybe Betty's Bikes and Buns.

:bier:

:mg:  :thumbsup:

-Chris

48391[/snapback]

I don't know the part # but they do. Might want to have them swap both out while they change the tire for a song. I got pirelli Scorpion Syncs got them from drag specalist for aprox $200 the pair. they come standard on the new buell cityx I think. They look like motard tires I likes'em. I've never been to bettys where is that? and I goto Joes java hut sometimes and porkys once so far. I'm always looking for other guzzists. :drink:

Guest Thundering Subash

Thanks for the info. Ben.

Betty's is on Hennepin Avenue just a little North of DT Mpls.

Betty's Address and Info.

It's a nice place to hang out. Should you stop by Betty's and happen to use the rest room, when you're in the hallway remember to look up at the ceiling.

-Chris

:mg::luigi::thumbsup::race:

AHH I know where that is I'll have to check it out a few times. I deliver beer just on the other side of the river if you see huge white budweiser trucks driving around its either me or someone I work with. Maybe I'll see you there sometime. Any excuse to ride somewhere. :bike:

Lemme tell you theres still a few 'ole timers' that don't even think about Not drinking on the job, The stuff is free to us(they used to have a brew meister in the drivers room) I suppose if you have a problem then its not so easy to give it up. I don't like it. the company frowns upon it. but that doesn't stop anyone. so whatever! they get DW's and I'll just move on up the senority list. :thumbsup: