No one has mentioned Rossi yet!

belfastguzzi

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well stated Goffredo. Cheers!

Here is a link to a post on the MotoGP News forum.

MotoGP News

48558[/snapback]

"kick Doohan's ass" Ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.......give me a break :rolleyes:

It sure is funny how when it's too late to prove, all these people saying the above.

So why the hell not me? OK. I could kick Doohan's ass!! :rolleyes:

I could kick anyone's ass if they just turned around and bent over! But I won't!

My hat goes off to any and all of the riders in MotoGP and all other racers in other classes. They are out there racing whilst most of us dream about it! I'll bet the guys on the WCM/Blata can "kick my ass" on the track!

I could kick anyone's ass if they just turned around and bent over! But I won't!

My hat goes off to any and all of the riders in MotoGP and all other racers in other classes. They are out there racing whilst most of us dream about it!

48572[/snapback]

Well said! And let us not forget the guys who race the Isle Of Man TT and Manx GP every year- the ultimate test in motorcycling.

I am a big fan of Rossi and would never expect him to race the Island because it is seen to be too dangerous in this modern age, but we need to remember that Agostini, Read, Hailwood, Sheene etc had to race on the island as well as riding all the regular championship rounds.

For this reason I don't think we can ever make historical comparisons as to who is the best- they are all great men.

Guy

Sorry guys but Sete had the line on the corner and Rossi in this case used the old "Go Kart" manouver to push him off. He knew exactly what he was doing :)

Personally although i admire his balls, there have to be some rules in racing or otherwise these guys are going to start getting seriously hurt. I'm kind of surprised that motogp hasn't stripped Rossi of the points to be honest, despite his obvious superiority, IMHO he stepped over the line on this particular occasion.

48436[/snapback]

Sorry Robbie but Sete went wide a Rossi took advantage of it, just like in the previous corner when Rossi went wide and Sete took the lead. The first rule of corners is the inside line rules. I have to wonder why no one has mentioned that Rossi was on the inside and therefore Sete should have backed off, not Rossi. If Sete had slowed and tightened his line into that corner so Rossi couldn't get under him he would have won the race, he didn't and he lost.

The worst thing about Rossi is he can beat almost everybody on the track and everybody in their head. I'm not Biaggi fan but his talent is obvious. Rossi has him pretty much destroyed him with mind games. How did Kevin Schwantz put it? "He doesn't just have his number, he has his home address". Rossi has just about got Sete in that position now. I truly hope Sete figures it out, nobody else can stay with Rossi these days.

I have no ax to grind, I am a fan of both racers. In this case Rossi did what winners do, he took what he was given and made the best of it. I hope next week Sete gets a chance to get him back.

Great start, I hope they keep it going to the US GP and the end of the year, :P:

Lex

Sorry Robbie but Sete went wide a Rossi took advantage of it, just like in the previous corner when Rossi went wide and Sete took the lead. The first rule of corners is the inside line rules. I have to wonder why no one has mentioned that Rossi was on the inside and therefore Sete should have backed off, not Rossi. If Sete had slowed and tightened his line into that corner so Rossi couldn't get under him he would have won the race, he didn't and he lost.

The worst thing about Rossi is he can beat almost everybody on the track and everybody in their head. I'm not Biaggi fan but his talent is obvious. Rossi has him pretty much destroyed him with mind games. How did Kevin Schwantz put it? "He doesn't just have his number, he has his home address". Rossi has just about got Sete in that position now. I truly hope Sete figures it out, nobody else can stay with Rossi these days.

I have no ax to grind, I am a fan of both racers. In this case Rossi did what winners do, he took what he was given and made the best of it. I hope next week Sete gets a chance to get him back.

Great start, I hope they keep it going to the US GP and the end of the year,  :P:

Lex

48750[/snapback]

Like I said on another forum in regards to Rossi getting inside the heads of other riders, like the WHO said............."WHO's NEXT"?

I think that just maybe, Nicky H being a teamate for a couple of years has him immuned to the Rossi hex.

Guest goffredo
Sorry Robbie but Sete went wide a Rossi took advantage of it (...)

I have to wonder why no one has mentioned that Rossi was on the inside and therefore Sete should have backed off, not Rossi.   

That's what I tried to say in my first post on the topic.

<< regarding the Valentino manouvre... Well, that's Art. Nothing irregular. He did not push Sete to get inside the corner. He found (God knows how) a way to get inside and once there... Sorry, mate, I am doing my lane as I like it...

Sete should have let him go wide and try to pass him again thanks to a better and faster trajectory. I think Sete knew that and that's whay he was so upset. >>

Cheers,

G.

I hear Big Dave liked his pies and ale too!! :drink:

I had to laugh when I saw John McGuiness's logo on his wind screen though :drink:

Jeffries on a SuperMoto?? What pound springs did he use??

I've got some great racing action on DVD of Joey and Dave going at it a few years ago in I think it was Ireland :bier:

Round 2

They're off. Gibernau away and Rossi in 4th...

:race:

48998[/snapback]

Rossi has passed Biaggi....

Gibernau down – out front and caught in the wet...

so Barros now 7 seconds in front, Biaggi sticking with Rossi...