Al once asked, I eventually found the answer

Guest Brian Robson

Guest Brian Robson

I remember a long time ago, that Al asked a question and I couldn't remember reading the answer.

It concerned the little cap in the centre of the top yoke and how it comes off.

I was riding yesterday and saw it moving. It had loosened on its threaded mount.

The centre cap can be prised off with a blade and it reveals a 6 mm hex head hole.

Once this comes off and the appropriate bolts are loosened, the top yoke can be slid off.

Sorry if this was already answered, but the opportunity to help Al out in any small way could not be missed! :bier::bier:

I remember a long time ago, that Al asked a question and I couldn't remember reading the answer.

It concerned the little cap in the centre of the top yoke and how it comes off.

I was riding yesterday and saw it moving. It had loosened on its threaded mount.

The centre cap can be prised off with a blade and it reveals a 6 mm hex head hole.

Once this comes off and the appropriate bolts are loosened, the top yoke can be slid off.

Sorry if this was already answered, but the opportunity to help Al out in any small way could not be missed! :bier:  :bier:

48325[/snapback]

Crap. Now I'll have to put away the massive sledgehammer and welding torch I was going to use. :homer:

You're right though, the little cap just prises off with the edge of a knife blade and is just a snug press fit.

Guest Brian Robson

As a byline, when mine came loose, I saw it rocking and then it rolled backwards and lodged at the front of the tank...all the while travelling at 60-70 mph!