After Market exhaust without crossover pipe

Guest freeman

Guest freeman

I just purchased a 2002 V11 Lemans with aftermarket Mistra pipes. It doesn't have a cross over pipe with the Mistrals. Does anyone know if this is a problem, could it cause problems? Or is there a benefit to adding the cross over pipe now?

I just purchased a 2002 V11 Lemans with aftermarket Mistra pipes. It doesn't have a cross over pipe with the Mistrals. Does anyone know if this is a problem, could it cause problems? Or is there a benefit to adding the cross over pipe now?

48351[/snapback]

Question: Which crossover are you asking about?

With 2000-2002 bikes, there was only the main crossover, under the transmission.

With 2003+ bikes, they added the front crossover, in front of/above the alternator.

If you have a 2002 LeMans, you should only have one crossover, up under the bike's transmission.

If you don't have either, it's technically not a problem per se.... although you must have some really custom exhaust system from the headers back, and I would think a totally seperate dual-exhaust system would lose some performance.

I suspect you are asking about the 2003+ front crossover though, and if so, the absence of it on your 2002 is normal :D

Hope that helps.

al

Guest freeman

The Mistra canisters were applied from behind the existing crossover (basically just as slip-on's). I've just read a lot on this sight about crossover's. I guess they are only applicable to 2003 or later.

The Mistra canisters were applied from behind the existing crossover (basically just as slip-on's). I've just read a lot on this sight about crossover's. I guess they are only applicable to 2003 or later.

48412[/snapback]

Yeah, MG added the "new"(not really so new, as some old MGs used to have it :rolleyes: ) front crossover, marketed as "boosting low/mid torque" in 2003

A lot of folks have had some issues with it as well, as noted in this thread:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...exhaust++gasket

.... so it is a mixed bag, but certainly not a big deal either way.

If you don't have one, I wouldn't suggest that it is worth pursuing.

al