Guest Easto

Guest Easto

Hi All,

I just thought i would introduce myself as i have eventually joined the forum. I was always a bit worried about buying a Guzzi as there is some negative press out there but i decided what the hell, a bike with that much character and one that you can work on yourself (no MG dealers here in Ireland) just can't be ignored. So i sold my GSXR and headed over to England to get one. Got a beautiful 01 Lemans and have never looked back. This forum has been a real help as most others have experienced the little quirks i have (groaning rear brake for one). To all, keep up the excellent work and hopefully i may have my own additions in the future.

Welcome to the forum!

If you are interested, there is a Guzzi dealer north of the border:

Xtreme

02891 812153

02891 819746

Northern Ireland

BT23 8NN

Portaferry Road - Newtownards - Co. Down

Don't know if they are good bad or indifferent- maybe Belfast Guzzi will comment.

Sounds like you are pretty self-sufficient anyway :D

Regards

Guy

Hi Easto, welcome to the fold,you wont regret it. I was the same as you, any problems and you're looking at a van and the ferry and a load of bloody hassle. I've had a few problems with mine but nothing I couldn't fix myself. These are about the most maintainance friendly bikes around today. Even with standard pipes[bought Mistrals advertised on the forum and they're lost in the postal system somewhere :huh2: ] the boom at 6000 up never fails to raise a smile. I will never be without a v11 ever again.

Hi All,

I just thought i would introduce myself as i have eventually joined the forum. I was always a bit worried about buying a Guzzi as there is some negative press out there but i decided what the hell, a bike with that much character and one that you can work on yourself (no MG dealers here in Ireland) just can't be ignored.

Guzzis are just unique, One can say that it is either love'em or hate'em situation but I see it differently.Because once you appreciate their character and riding qualities you are really know that this was the bike you're looking for so long.

Other than that is all same, beacuse every bike haves pros and cons, it is just an idea of intimidation that the press mostlly puts in the minds of the people and steer them to easy to find on the market bikes and that's all.

Wellcome and enjoy :bier:

Welcome Easto. You're going to love it. k