New engine cases

mikie

Just got my LeMans back from the shop and took it on it's inaugural ride today with the new engine cases. The bike looks 100% better, has no more leaks, and runs great. It was a long wait to get the cases in, and then 6 weeks in the shop getting it done, but well worth it, as the motor no longer looks to be a nuclear holocaust survivor. I'm now a happy camper.

Yep, went by Moto Italiano for the first time in about 3 weeks, and saw the new case in the bike for the first time. They have the bike fully assembled, and just working out a few final kinks. I almost completely forgot what the bike looked like :P

As reported, the new case finish is slightly different than that on the transmission(and originally on the old case), but is close enough. And it certainly looks loads better than before. Here's hoping the finishes will hold up for a few years now :bier:

...which BTW, the "whole deal" for this with me is, that I didn't mind if the engine paint wore off in 5 years or something, but bubbling off in a few months was a bit much. I understand the thermal stresses put on a painted engine, and my '89 FJ1200's black engine looked fairly worn after 12 years, but that was reasonable.

Anyway, when I get the bike back in hand, I'll take some photos for comparison.

al

My engine cases were repainted; they did a nice job. Also a slight difference but hardly noticable.

48956[/snapback]

I definitely would have preferred an option that didn't require disassembly of the motor, but that option was never presented as a warranty fix.

Talking to my local dealer and he tells me that if you make a claim in the UK the engine is removed and shipped back to Italy for dealing with

in the UK the engine is removed and shipped back to Italy for dealing with

I'm still awaiting a responce from my dealer to the queery raised in September.

I'm still waiting to be told that the header gaskets are in - had my sourced ones fitted for over a week now.

I don't think I would be bothered if it ment being without the bike for a substancial period of time, unless a courtesy bike was in the offer. Being as my dealer couldn't refit the balance pipe without crushing a gasket I might think twice about it if done in house as well.