PVM Wheels! Aluminium or Magnesium ?

robbiekb

Hey all, I'm finally getting round to ordering my new wheels and suspension. I've heard some mutterings about magnesium wheels. Can anyone confirm or deny whether i'll be selling my soul to the devil and inviting a lot of trouble on myself if i go with the magnesium over the aluminium wheel for an intended use of the odd track day and mostly canyon carving ?

Robbie

(incidentally i'm goign to go with the 20 spoke design in bling bling gold to match up with the ohlins suspension that i'm going to put on)

well, I follow the PVM's for sale in germany, almost all people use the alu ones, also the guys that do cup-racing. When I drive I want piece in my mind that my bike isn't failling right under me. You will easy notice the difference.

One other thing to warn about: the guys building the MGS01 replica orderd wheels for their centauro/V11. The wheel fit's great but wasn't in the center. almost 15mm to the left. I made a drawing of the wheel when I ordered it. Mine is exactly in the middle.

Thanks very much for the feedback guys, I apreciate it !

Heh on another note, can anyone who speaks Dutch (Jaap) tell me what the Dutch word for a "fairing" is ? I'm trying to track down a Green Magni fairing for my V11 and it looks like noone has them anymore and I wanted to try Teo Lammers just in case they had one or could get hold of one :)

jm the wheelhub is build from sperate parts, I suppose they make the part on the reardrive side a bit shorther. One of the austian guys send the wheel back, I will ask if its solved now. This is what I send them, the brakeside will be different, because I made my own thing for it. Center wheel to left inside swingarm is 132mm. Shockcenter is bikecenter, so a piece of wood against the tyre on both sides, should measure the shock in center.

pvm2.jpg

i will go to the garage today if i could face the snow storm outside : <_>

Will take a picture also ...

amn if i must send it back !

Thanks very much for the feedback guys, I apreciate it !

Heh on another note, can anyone who speaks Dutch (Jaap) tell me what the Dutch word for a "fairing" is ? I'm trying to track down a Green Magni fairing for my V11 and it looks like noone  has them anymore and I wanted to try Teo Lammers just in case they had one or could get hold of one :)

48967[/snapback]

kuipje