Slang for rednecks?

velofish

The local slang around here for the backward types is "hoofty." Told to me by a local toothless sage with a full weeks menu decipherable by observing the stains on his t-shirt. He was warning me about the REAL country bumpkins.

What is the slang in your neck of the woods?

fish

Guest Cleveland Steve
The local slang around here for the backward types is "hoofty."  Told to me by a local toothless sage with a full weeks menu decipherable by observing the stains on his t-shirt.  He was warning me about the REAL country bumpkins.

What is the slang in your neck of the woods?

fish

49449[/snapback]

When I come across them while dirt riding in the middle of the woods with a gun, I call them sir.

Pikeys and Chavs? Cool. Maybe I can use that without re-enacting the Ned Beatty role from Deliverance. Hillbillies I have heard before but it still works. Jaap: "farmers" is just sad. I suggest you introduce one of the above terms into your language. Derision is good for the soul.

Steve: I know what you mean. I do not hunt myself, but get to experience the joy of hunting season. Driving to work, it's not unusual to see someone in the woods on my left, sighting through my car at a deer on my right. Gulp.

BTW. Don't get me wrong. Good people around here, "hoofty" just applies to the extreme cases. Like the folks about 3 miles from me who had the roof cave in on their attic. They took the insurance money and bought a new truck. The hole is still in the roof. That was about 5 years ago. I think they just put a tarp down to catch the rain and snow. They didn't see that on "This Old House."

Guest Cleveland Steve

Hey Velo, I was referring to where I dirt ride in Southeastern Ohio. A lot of pot is grown around there. Many a time we've turned around on a trail when we see a good ole boy with a shotgun when we know it ain't hunting season. Are you anywhere near Wellsville?

A particular variety indiginous to the area near Supertwin and TxRedneck is a cedar chopper or a cedar whacker. Them's the good folks what would chop down cedar trees to clear land for ranching.

Steve- good answer! :bier:

Guest davidb

ridgerunners, brush okies. If it wasn't for them, the makers of duct tape would go out of business. I have seen cars with the sides and rear windows covered with plastic and taped up. I spend alot of time on the ridges myself. I found two gold nuggets with a wholesale value of 900$. I traded it for a 1965 winchester 458 magnum african grade rifle.

I am sad to say here is San Luis Obispo County we call them the majority. The only good news is that they tend to congregate in the northern part of the county. That may be why houses cost a fair amount more in the south county.

Lex