MGS-01 Wins at Mugello Supertwin

Guest goffredo

Guest goffredo
By the way Goffredo, any chance we see Giuseppe in Adria ?

49675[/snapback]

I think it will be almost impossible NOT to see him! :D

I already have a deal with the man: after the session he will pass next my bike and claim: " ouch, Goffredo you did have a damaged valve, the injection off, no brakes and two working gears only...

It's suprising you managed to get those lap times anyway..." :D:D:D:D:D

G.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest goffredo
I believe the only exception to be in 2002 when Ashley Law rode a Le Mans Tenni at the IOM TT- this was an official factory entry if my memory serves me correct.

Great to see an MGS01 kicking ass on the track!  :thumbsup:

Guy  :helmet:

49677[/snapback]

Not exactly. It was again a private rider; in that case I assume with a more relevant support by the former Moto Guzzi importer in UK but again it was no official factory team.

They did indeed a super job in marketing the event: I remember the pictures of their paddock stand with Guzzi flags all over and the intensive press coverage they got; but again: race department and factory team are nouns with no meaning in Mandello since 1957...

There were several other cases of bikes loaned by the factory, or pieces given for free or things like that. But an official factory entry would have to be something quite different.

I hope I get the chance to see an official Guzzi Team on real track, oustide the Classics and revivals meetings before I get too old...

:mg::mg::mg::mg::mg:

G.

or pieces given for free or things like that

So I heard from raceco, after he quit racing, where in the end he got some parts from guzzi, they insisted to get all parts back, or send him a bill. Including magnesium engine parts. He was pretty pissed about it. But after a lot of years, they adapted his solution for the change in piston height, with using longer con rods for the mgs01, and the breva 1100.

This year they changed the rules so to accomodate BMWs and Guzzis four valves twin. But four valves must keep their swift gear transmission and cannot weigth less than 190 kg, while there are no limitations for the other twins. Note that among the rivals there were also the NCR Ducati Millona and the Official Buell Team with professional rider Max Temporali...

Two valves twin... I'd say we are talking about SV 650, my guess.

49591[/snapback]

Goffredo! I am curious as to the models used for racing. Are the Ducati's that race in this class all air-cooled? The Suzuki SV 650 is water-cooled. Are there any watercooled bikes in this class? My apologies if my questions are so technical. I enjoy racing for bikes that are not in the 'big league' such as the GSXR's and 999R's.

Goffredo! I am curious as to the models used for racing. Are the Ducati's that race in this class all air-cooled? The Suzuki SV 650 is water-cooled. Are there any watercooled bikes in this class? My apologies if my questions are so technical. I enjoy racing for bikes that are not in the 'big league' such as the GSXR's and 999R's.

49698[/snapback]

I think I have answered some of the question with this link.

FMI

Goffredo, thanks for posting this stuff. It's good to see a Guzzi on track & winning, whatever. Is that the same Guareschi as had a couple of races in WSB last year?

Jim, you serious about going racing? good luck if you do.

KB :sun:

there was also a duc 749 and 748, and the big bore(744) sv 650.

see www.supertwins.it

for pictures:

http://www.supertwins.it/foto1.php?sel_cam...ctory=images/g1

49701[/snapback]

Thankyou Paul.

Looking at picture #11 of the photo gallery it seems #33 has an amazing lean angle on his bike. I wonder if he saved it?

Baldini. It is his brother I believe.

Moto Guzzi Dealer Claudio Guareschi of Parme, Italy. The bike, his personal bike, was raced by his second son Gianfranco. The first son Vittoriano is official Ducati GP tester.

Coool!! What a small world I remember Guaressi , I think he has also raced once or couple of times as a replacement driver to ..Chilli?! back in 96-97 or so if I can recall correct(after the war I experience memmory losses).Great driving :thumbsup:

there was also a duc 749 and 748, and the big bore(744) sv 650.

see www.supertwins.it

I see a Bimota tesi right back there. amazing!!This moto goes also to races.?!!?

These Italians are "crazy"(cool) they seem to be racing anything that has wheels on it. :lol::helmet: Well that's mediteranean blood I guess.(I'm glad I have some ) ...LOL :lol:

Anyone knows what was the fastest lap time?

Does that 88 munber means something?Well...?

Guest goffredo

Does that 88 munber means something?Well...?

49724[/snapback]

My guess is a tribute to the number used by the MGS-01 in Albacete.

Cheers,

G.

Guest dopiata

Paul Minnaert.

In the picture, what kind of bike is the one closest to the wall?

It has a very odd front end.

Thanks

post-1637-1114485046_thumb.jpg