Technical quiz

belfastguzzi

Rub it in , why don't you!  :P

49726[/snapback]

I hear JRT has some wicked ointment...

What were you using the Mouse for?? I bought two of them when I started the restoration of my wooden boat. Bought two expecting my girlfriend to use the second, and the first to wear out, but the first one still has plenty of life with god only knows how many hours on it.... And, yes, my girlfriend never touched it. Surprise.

So far there are far more miles on the Mouse than there were on the pneumatic sander when it gave it's death cry. The Mouse has been a real workhorse for me.

Rj

:lol:

49774[/snapback]

Well done Martin. Have another point for spotting that one –

quizpoint.gif

Seeing that no one won the tech. quiz, you might as well have it.

BTW, how did you get all those other ones? Confiscated? Gone missing from the Evidence store? Backhanders?

Or Genius?

Black and Decker: IMHO the Moskvich of the hand tool world. Martins quiz points were of course gifts from a friend, unfortunately this means that he is unable to produce receipts for them, and he can't remember his friends name just at the moment,but they are definately his all right. :whistle:

I hear JRT has some wicked ointment...

What were you using the Mouse for??  I bought two of them when I started the restoration of my wooden boat.  Bought two expecting my girlfriend to use the second, and the first to wear out, but the first one still has plenty of life with god only knows how many hours on it....  And, yes, my girlfriend never touched it.  Surprise.

So far there are far more miles on the Mouse than there were on the pneumatic sander when it gave it's death cry.  The Mouse has been a real workhorse for me.

Rj

49784[/snapback]

It was obviously some sort of horrible freak accident/fault. The intake leads right to the commutator on the motor. There isn't any attempt to filter or divert stuff. It did suck in paint dust just before the big bang and spark, but surely that didn't do it? These things are meant to create dust. Of course it could be that Guzzi sprayed the bike with whatever happened to be lying around – perhaps gunpowder? With a final coat of nail varnish? It could explain the 'limited edition' Scura run.

I'm afraid that I had taken the Mouse to the plastic rear body of the V.11 Pretty brutal, eh? You'll be proud – no room for softy feelings in that approach.

Actually it all started in an innocent enough fashion. I peeled off the 'Scura' lettering, but it took the topcoat of clear varnish with it. I'll spare you the various attempts at remedial action. The upshot is that I ended up with one side right back to the plastic last night.

I've got another mouse now, so the whole thing is going to get a good seeing to.

the Moskvich of the hand tool world.

49787[/snapback]

They're not hand tools – they're POWER tools.

They're not hand tools – they're POWER tools.

49789[/snapback]

And whaddaya hold them in...........? Anyway your first one isnt a power tool anymore,just a bulky sanding block. :P I'm curious, if the first one blew up after minutes, why did you buy another? AAAh, the Moto Guzzi frame of mind, soon you'll have it more powerful and better handling than the stock mouse, tho you'll have to use it for a while before the vibrations calm down. :D

"And whaddaya hold them in...........?"

• contempt

"Anyway why did you buy another?"

• no chance of that – took it back to the shop and got a nice up-to-date-orange one in exchange:

at least B&D's and B&Q's warranty/guarantee is worth something

"the vibrations"

• they vibrate? didn't notice – Guzzis vibrate

Guest aironepony

• they vibrate? didn't notice – Guzzis vibrate

49823[/snapback]

Mine's stopped vibrating...........has the battery gone?

........... :thumbsup: