1100i Sport bodywork source

callison

Ginger Baker..  drummer with Cream.  Baker, Clapton and Jack Bruce.  Aren't they doing a reunion at the Royal Albert Hall ?

You guys are unbelievable, ....Ginger Baker , who?

I mean we're having a serious conversation here about some spare 1100Sport Guzzi parts, can't we talk about it?............ LOL

Just kidding, ...hehe :grin::grin:

Baker Gurvitz Army, for Christ sake? Never heard about them? We're talking 1980'ies - great music, like Tangerine Dream, Yes and early Genesis.

Søren

noticed what exactly? 

The old guys going off on a tangent, reminising about their youth. I can't complain, this week on the telly they did a rerun of "100 best albums" this prompted me to dig out a old tape (tapes untouched since 85 when went to CD - luckily the kitchen radio has a tape player) of Mike Oldfield Discovery/Platinum which I used to listen to whilst driving back to RAF Cranwell after weekends leave in late 1984. The week before it was Springsteen live 75-85 3 CD box set esp The River, Racing in the Streets etc - meloncoly moments

Oh - its just dawning I'm an old guy to (40)

Sorry Carl, didn't mean to derail your thread. Martin is correct; I was just going off on a tangent. I'm tangential.

To bring it back on track- is there anyway to get airtech to put a round headlight hole in the 1100 bodywork? That really is the biggest drawback to that set of bodywork. It otherwise looked great as a mockup on your frankensport.

J

Sorry Carl, didn't mean to derail your thread.  Martin is correct; I was just going off on a tangent.  I'm tangential.

To bring it back on track- is there anyway to get airtech to put a round headlight hole in the 1100 bodywork?  That really is the biggest drawback to that set of bodywork.  It otherwise looked great as a mockup on your frankensport.

J

50143[/snapback]

You'd have to ask them. Consider that an entire mold would have to be produced though and the cost of a custom job like that would probably be too expensive. If you know a local fiberglass guru though, he could probably modify the stock piece and it wouldn't be apparent that it was modified after the paint job if he's any good. Probably somebody that specializes in tarting up Corvettes would be a good place to start. As you can see, I've thought about it, but I decided that in addition to that cost, a new fairing subframe would be required for the rig. Gets expensive. I obtained used headlights and frames pretty cheap off of eBay. I do have a brand new, never been used Daytona fairing sub-frame. It looks to be identical to the later Daytona RS/Sport 1100/i's sub-frame (rectangular USA headlight type). If you're interested in pursuing the early type fairing on the V11 Sport, I've kept my template for cutting the fairing to clear the tank and I would be happy (read - ecstatic as I've spent too much on this project already) to sell you the sub-frame. Maybe even a Daytona RS fairing if you want. The fairing is currently in storage in Oklahoma though. No access for another two or three months.