1100i Sport bodywork source

callison

Airtech

1100MotoG.jpg

This is probably only available on special order. It's not the Euro model either, but as I understand it, the headlight on the Euro model is even worse than the rectangular one on the USA variant, so you might want to take that into consideration. I do have one of these fairings. It is hand laid fiberglass and is much thinner and lighter than the chop fiberglass used on the factory version. The fairing is probably stronger than a stock one as a result although if flexes more easily (more resilient too).

Keep your eye on eBay. Sport 1100 parts (seats and fairings are the same for carb and efi models although tanks are not. I've managed to set aside a complete set of everything as spares over the past couple of years. I have an efi and a carb tank down at a shop in southern California awaiting modification for increased fuel capacity (two full years now). Probably, a carb tank can be used or modified for use with an efi system, but to be honest, it's been so long since I've seen that tank, I don't remember what the bottom fittings look like.

Airtech

1100MotoG.jpg

, it's been so long since I've seen that tank, I don't remember what the bottom fittings look like.

A carbon tank ! I was thinking about sth like this the other day,why increased fuel capacity? for what voloume are we talking about?

I hope it doesn't take so long to have the fairings if ordered...LOL

How much do they actually cost?

Well,after visiting their site I don't see any MG link for bodyworks (with details) anywhere

A carbon tank ! I was thinking about sth like this the other day,why increased fuel capacity? for what voloume are we talking about?

I hope it doesn't take so long to have the fairings if ordered...LOL

How much do they actually cost?

Well,after visiting their site I don't see any MG link for bodyworks (with details) anywhere

49913[/snapback]

Uh... that's a carb tank, as in Carb Sport. Not Carbon. Oh well. The fuel capacity of the Sport 1100i is a hair over 5 gallons, but a modification to the bottom of the tank (requiring the use of pods and the deletion of the airbox) can add about a half gallon more capacity.

i have no idea what the parts cost, you'd have to contact Airtech. I gt my fairing off of eBay for about $140. The tailpiece I also got off of eBay for about $50.

i have no idea what the parts cost, you'd have to contact Airtech. I gt my fairing off of eBay for about $140. The tailpiece I also got off of eBay for about $50.

49935[/snapback]

Well that's cheap, any ebay seller name that I should check out often if got any for sale, or that was jusyt a privatee selling them?

Yep thanks Paul, yes there were also some tail and frond original -new and painted fairings for the Daytona and the back tail for the SPort sold from this ebayer over here MrGinger-baker

Well actually I don't see anything for slale now.

I am actually curious to see some of the other aftermarket parts as well because as reported are lighter than the originals.

My Airtech fairing is currently in storage in Oklahoma, but I can guarantee you that it is MUCH lighter than the stock fairing. It is much thinner as well. Since it is made with fiberglass matte and not chop. It shouldn't be any less strong than the stock piece though.

My Airtech fairing is currently in storage in Oklahoma, but I can guarantee you that it is MUCH lighter  than the stock fairing. It is much thinner as well. Since it is made with fiberglass matte and not chop. It  shouldn't be any less strong than the stock piece though.

50000[/snapback]

Airtech does EXCELLENT work.

I bought my R90S fairing from them.

Super Light!

They told me that anything they have a mold for can also be made in carbon fiber or done at various weights of glass.

The quality of their fiberglass work is sooo good, there is no need to go to carbon fiber unless you need to ship it by space shuttle and save a couple of grams...

I swear that I must have doubled the weight of the fairing after four coats of paint....what a shame, but the Hammerite® paint looked good :grin:

So, now that I think about it, the carbon fiber would be alot lighter just because I would not have to paint it....

Guest Steve_W
Woah now- Ginger Baker lives in Germany and sells Guzzi parts?

/goes and puts on a Cream album...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that!