No Spark

Al,

Plus voltage goes by fuse 4 and contactswitch to the jiffy switch.

The jiffy switch is bridged by contact of relay 15.

(Note: contact relay 15 is pulled by its coil when neutral gear switch connects to earth (minus voltage)).

Then the current flows via the killswitch to a branch.

At the branch is fuse 8 for the fuel petcock, and ALSO the coil of relay 49.

(Question/Check: does the petcock open?)

The coil of relay 49 is connected via a DIODE to earth (Minus Voltage)

(Question/Check: diode ok?)

Plus voltage feeds fuse 2 and by the contact of relay 49 in this line the coil of relay 46 "injection relay" is energized.

In order for the coil of relay 46 to be energized, the contact 19 on the ECU must make an (internal?) connection to earth (minus voltage).

(Fuse 2 also directly feeds pin 26 on the ECU)

When the injection relay 46 is pulled, current is fed by fuse 1 to the injectors, fuelpump and the coils.

Hope this helps a bit.

Greetings from Holland

Co. :nl:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Al,

Plus voltage goes by fuse 4 and contactswitch to the jiffy switch.

The jiffy switch is bridged by contact of relay 15.

(Note: contact relay 15 is pulled by its coil when neutral gear switch connects to earth (minus voltage)). 

Then the current flows via the killswitch to a branch.

At the branch is fuse 8 for the fuel petcock, and ALSO the coil of relay 49.

(Question/Check: does the petcock open?)

The coil of relay 49 is connected via a DIODE to earth (Minus Voltage)

(Question/Check: diode ok?)

Plus voltage feeds fuse 2 and by the contact of relay 49 in this line the coil of relay 46 "injection relay" is energized.

In order for the coil of relay 46 to be energized, the contact 19 on the ECU must make an (internal?) connection to earth (minus voltage).

(Fuse 2 also directly feeds pin 26 on the ECU)

When the injection relay 46 is pulled, current is fed by fuse 1 to the injectors, fuelpump and the coils.

Hope this helps a bit.

Greetings from Holland

Co. :nl:

50251[/snapback]

Good God I'm glad I don't have this problem on my bike, thats all Geek to me. I don't 'do' electrical well. :huh2:

Thanks for all the feedback so far guys. Keep 'em coming, and I'll just print out this whole thread and hand to the dealer.

BTW, this is a 2002 model, so there is no electric petcock anymore.

Also, the comment:

....is a specific question/observation the dealer/MGNA had as to why this was not happening. No one seems to have an internal schematic of the M15 ECU to see what pin input/output makes pin 19 behave as designed. So once they trace to pin 19, they don't know where else to start looking at the harness and other pins to see where the fault or lack of input signal is keeping the ECU from making the right connection.

Anyone know what other pins, and their operation, should be in conjunction to get pin 19 to act accordingly?

al

Pin 19 is what gives you the fuel pump prime. Just turning the ignition on will activate it for a few seconds. You will see the voltage at pin 19 go near 0V then return to 12V

Good God I'm glad I don't have this problem on my bike, thats all Geek to me. I don't 'do' electrical well. knownothing.

Ben

I hear ya. I was thinkin' it may be the flux capacitor

My money is on a bad ECU ground or what Ben said, about them forgetting to connect a line.

Probe for continuity between the ECU shell and the battery negative.

Then probe the middle wire of the three way Amp test connector to see if the continuity is good to the battery negative.

If not a ground issue, then looking at the hot side, I assume the engine is cranking, so it is not the clutch switch.

It is not the kickstand switch because they could just put it in neutral, and vice versa for the neutral switch.

In which case exwtk is right on the money.

But then again there are other possibilities.

:food:

Which chef double dipped the soup spoon!?! :P

Hi,

I'm in a holiday mood, (flying to Chicago tomorrow morning :) so I'll suggest the following.

Check the kill switch on the handlebar?

I once tried and tried .. to start my bike but it did not start. I always kill the engine from the key and this time I had used the kill switch for some reason, and it was still in the wrong position. *duh*

- marko

Someday I'll find out whatinhell is going on with my ECU and then I'll feel more qualified to post.

50380[/snapback]

Sorry Carl, i have to get off my @$$ and send you my extra ECU.

Sorry Carl, i have to get off my @$$ and send you my extra ECU.

50402[/snapback]

My house went on the market yesterday. I may not be there long in todays real estate market.

MetroList. Search for MLS 50033882.

Nice ass house, but 415K? good god man I just spent 184 and I don't know how I'm going to afford that at first. I really need to make 3 times what I do now to be good  :2c:  :thumbsup:

50474[/snapback]

Carl's house probably went up 184K in just the last three years!

I bought into the frenzy last year and so far have made more on the house than on my job!!!

But the honeymoon has got to end sometime, and Carl's timing to get out is probably perfect!

OK!

Nice ass house, but 415K? good god man I just spent 184 and I don't know how I'm going to afford that at first. I really need to make 3 times what I do now to be good  :2c:  :thumbsup:

50474[/snapback]

Housing prices in Callifornia are nuts. In March, the houses in my area went up $11,000 - in just one month. That's crazy. Last year, they went up 30% overall. I've been in this jewel for eight years now and I assure you, not only did I pay considerably less than 184K for it initially, I wouldn't and couldn't afford it now. So you're right, $415 seems exorbitant (and it is), but that's what the market here is and it's why I'll be able to retire at 54 instead of 65 or much older.

Here's where I'm going:

hr209543-01.jpg

This is near Chandler, Oklahoma. This is a one way trip. I'll never be able to afford to return to California.

At least I'll have enough space to throw a good Guzzi barbecue - 1.5 acres of Bermuda grass (think Tim Allen on a riding lawnmower, with a Guzzi engine. Hmm, next project...). I don't know when I can do the barbecue though, the house won't be available until probably August.

So, here's the quiz. The red circle is the location. Think Route 66, and 3,925 feet of gravel road.

newhouse.gif

So, here's the quiz. The red circle is the location. Think Route 66, and 3,925 feet of gravel road.

50484[/snapback]

4300? W Oak Hill Dr Chandler, OK 74834, USA, Earth, The Solar System, Milky Way, The Universe, Veils of Maya, God's eye, The Matrix.

(It is amazing what you can find with Google! :nerd: )