No Spark

I am thinking of printing out this entire thread as a positive example of frustration tolerance :D Among favorite internet frustration tolerance sayings:

Life ain't about how fast you run, or how high you climb, but how well you bounce...

Life is simpler when you plow around the stump

Forgive your enemies. It messes up their heads

Every path has a few puddles

:2c:

on the other hand- messing with your goose is serious stuff :bbblll:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I also think a low battery was a contributor, hence the issue with the fuel-pump drawing enough from the system to send it into shutdown.

But even though the root-cause has been found, I am a bit disappointed.

They were supposed to have swapped out to a *new* cam sensor two weeks ago, to test this very thing.... per MGNA. I know that they held off doing so for some unknown reason :huh2:

This very much reminds me of my last "multi-month" session, where they couldn't get the bike to idle when hot(nor their demo 2002 LeMans coincidentally), and I suggested they check the valve lash, just based on my minimal knowledge of how engines work... not even MG specific. They spent weeks trying to get it to run correctly, then we finally brought it home, and Mike Stewart came over... adjusted the valves... and it never "hot stalled", coughed the TB off, or ran rough again.

I'm going to have to point this out to them I think, as they seem to be missing some opportunities by dismissing, ignoring, or forgetting, to follow outside suggestions when they are already at a dead-end :unsure:

I'm now just waiting for a call to discuss the final "steps" in getting the bike back in tip-top shape before I take it back.

al

...and BTW, I think the guys at this shop want to do their best, and try, but I think they have some process issues that ends up derailing the experience in the end :huh2:

I'm now just waiting for a call to discuss the final "steps" in getting the bike back in tip-top shape before I take it back.

al

Well first, they're gonna set the valve lash... :homer:

Intermittent bad cam angle sensor.....  *sigh*

The bike is now running, and they are just working to make sure everything is back together, reliable, etc...

al

51295[/snapback]

I had to remove mine to fix a leak and it occurs to me they may not have taken the trouble of measuring off the cam to get the proper gap with that new sensor.

Good to hear you may be getting your bike back finally so we can hear about performance with the Mike Rich heads.

Yeah, that may be a while yet... I've only got a few weeks(not including some travel for work) to get our house ready for sale, so I won't have much time to put the ~1000 miles of breakin before running it down to Hare Racing for a new custom PCIII map, and dyno run.

BTW, the heads have been on for a long while, it got new pistons and a cam this time around :bike:

And I just talked to the owner of the shop, and he said they got all the scratch(es?) out, and have been running and checking out the bike over the last day or two. They want to keep it today for some more "going over" and they say it should be ready to pick up tomorrow :bier:

al

Guest Dave Pott

I've never met you or actually seen your bike, but, DANG! For some reason I sure feel HAPPY for you :D:bier:

And to help matters, 75 degrees F this week-end up in your neck of the woods :sun:

All I can say is.....GO! AL GO! :race: