Attn.- Nor Cal riders

Guest Dave Pott

Guest Dave Pott

The Ballabio is running O.K., but by most accounts a custom map has a positive performance impact. There does not seem to be a Tuning Link Center here in central California but I saw in the PC web sight there are a few in Nor Cal.

I would be most appreciative if someone could recommend a good PC dyno tuner somewhere close to the Fresno area(Central Calif)

Thanks, Dave

Guest Dave Pott

Thanks Al. I talked to a fellow named Fred over there who seemed like a good fellow.

$250 flat rate for the custom map w/TL software and how ever many Dyno runs necessary. This works for me, quite doable.

Thanks Al.    I talked to a fellow named Fred over there who seemed like a good fellow. 

$250 flat rate for the custom map w/TL software and how ever many Dyno runs necessary.  This works for me, quite doable.

50447[/snapback]

I spoke to Hare Racing today as well. They have the lowest prices on Pirelli Diablo Corsa tires that I have seen. Going down there tomorrow to pick up a new set of sticky sneakers. :race: The last set of Diablo Corsa's have about 7500 miles and still look pretty good but the center has gone somewhat square from the latest adventure to Arizona and New Mexico of 2800 miles.

I also asked about the dyno tuning and plan to make an appointment soon. When RacerX put on his Power Commander seminar last month, I think I will pay alittle bit more and have the maping done for each cylinder. The results that I have heard are very good and the bike feels not Guzzi like afterwards, meaning the bike runs very, very smooth.

Mike

Guest Dave Pott

Hey Mike? Did they make mention of how much extra to do each cylinder?

Also are those Pirelli's fairly sticky?? I've continued to use Metzler Sportec M1 and though they grip really well, it's hard to get much more than 3,500 mi. on them :bbblll:

Hey Mike?  Did they make mention of how much extra to do each cylinder?

Also are those Pirelli's fairly sticky??  I've continued to use Metzler Sportec M1 and though they grip really well,  it's hard to get much more than 3,500 mi. on them :bbblll:

50516[/snapback]

Dave,

They did not mention how much more it would be for each cylinder. From what info I got from Racer X, there should be only a few more pulls on the dyno to dial each cylinder in.

Whoa, I just spent 3.5 hours in traffic driving 85 miles to Hare Racing and back to pick up the Pirelli Diablo Corsa tires. The rain in the Bay Area makes driving difficult. :bbblll: I need a drink :drink:

I like the Pirelli Corsa's much more than the Metzler Sportec's. I never had a problem with the Sportec's , but feel I prefer the feel and extra grip of the Pirelli Diablo Corsa's. By the way, I get higer mileage out of the Corsa'a (now have 7500 miles on the first pair and still going strong).

The set I purchased is for the Ghezzi-Brian which came with Dunlop 208's. I never liked Dunlops and think the Pirelli's will make the bike turn in faster and make my confidence soar in the fast paced turns:race:. Can't wait to mount them :thumbsup: .

Mike