front forks

fernando

my 02 teni came with different front shocks they look like ohlins --color---but they are not.

would it make sense to replace them with konis ?

and what will i feel different ?

also for the rear ?

any input ? anyone knows the cost of these ?

fernando

Your forks are the same Marzocchi(sp?) forks as on the 00-02 bikes *except* they have the gold TiNitride(sp?) coating on the sliders to reduce friction. I think this was unique to the Tenni, although the RM may have had it?? I don't know.

You can certainly retrofit Ohlins, or others, if you like.... although I am not familiar with Koni forks for this bike :huh2:

For more info than you'd probably ever like to see on retrofitting Ohlins to a 00-02 spec bike, check out:

Hollow Front Axle Thread

al

my 02 teni came with different front shocks they look like ohlins  --color---but they are not.

would it make sense to replace them with konis ?

and what will i feel different ?

also for the rear ?

any input ? anyone knows the cost of these ?

fernando

50568[/snapback]

i would not hold your breath if you want to replace them with the originals fitted i've been waiting since sept 04 to get mine replaced under warranty along with my clocks as the gold is coming off and the clocks mist up in the rain :(:(

• 2 months later...

:D:D:D just got the phone call ,my bikes ready,new ohlins forks and a new carbon fibre wheel guard all free and under warranty

thanks to cobb and jagger (no longer guzzi dealers :( ) but good enough to see my problems through to the end,also thanks to simon hern at motoguzzi for finally sorting it out

must get on to him again cos now my engine paint is starting to bubble :homer:

the joys of owning motoguzzi!!! wouldnt have it any other way :mg:

griff

:D  :D  :D  just got the phone call ,my bikes ready,new ohlins forks and a new carbon fibre wheel guard all free and under warranty

thanks to cobb and jagger (no longer guzzi dealers :( ) but good enough to see my problems through to the end,also thanks to simon hern at motoguzzi for finally sorting it out

the joys of owning motoguzzi!!! wouldnt have it any other way  :mg:

griff

57181[/snapback]

needpics.gif

Let's see some pics of the new handiwork! :bike:

:D  :D  :D  just got the phone call ,my bikes ready,new ohlins forks and a new carbon fibre wheel guard all free and under warranty

the joys of owning motoguzzi!!! wouldnt have it any other way  :mg:

griff

57181[/snapback]

How did you get Ohlins forks "replaced under warantee" when the Tenni forks are not Ohlins?

They are the same black 00-02 Marz forks, simply with the gold TiN coating on the sliders.

That would be quite a deal to get a $1500+ upgrade like that for free :grin:

al

How did you get Ohlins forks "replaced under warantee" when the Tenni forks are not Ohlins?

They are the same black 00-02 Marz forks, simply with the gold TiN coating on the sliders.

That would be quite a deal to get a $1500+ upgrade like that for free  :grin:

al

57208[/snapback]

:D lots of complaining and speaking direct to the man at the top and not accepting being fobbed off!!!,basicaly being a pain in the ass :D ,i spoke to simon hern (one of the top dogs in aprillia) and told him i would ring him every day till i got it sorted and it worked,only problems were marz forks not in stock and when ohlins fitted old mudguard wouldn't fit so he arranged for a carbon fibre one to be fitted free and under warranty what a top bloke !!! :mg: