exhaust victory

tomsp

OK, this is going to be POSITIVE - for anyone who's stuck on the negative soundings springing from forums (any forum) :D

Wednesday, drove to moto italiano and paid homage to Al's work of art <_ and picked up my new exhaust header piece. drove home installed it with gaskets fired goose the meantime i had put in speed bleeders changed clutch brake fluids totally quick easy even for me this sunday at afm races fluid way took loooong time was sure there still air line ran out of battery fine too- that after three weeks would be dead pouring when finished but her a ride anyway. came back soaked giant smile on face.>

Absolutely zero backfire too. The goose ran smooth and strong. Let's go riding :food:

tell you the truth Al, I didn't actually see your actual bike this trip :homer: I was in and out in 10 minutes -- I did walk through the shop too, sat on the speed triple and yapped (howbeit quickly). So, you're saying that you've got those cans on your bike :P: We've got to all get together (the 'ol nor cal group) and ride somewhere- and I for one am all for that road less traveled thing :bier: Today, I rode to Moke Hill (shortened version as I can't spell it-- see davidB for that!) for lunch -- best ride yet-- that goose ran perfectly. I'm thinking the new exhaust header gaskets were needed too -- any insight on those little thought of parts?

... no, I don't have the MG Ti kit on my bike.

There's a thread somewhere from a couple years back where I was "shopping" exhaust options(sound familiar? :P ) and there were far fewer options than now. But Leo Vince had offerings, and I was trying to decide on CF versus Ti, aesthetically.

Well, I went with the Ti Leo Vinces, which I still like a lot.... but was miffed when MG came out with the Ti kit a few months later... figures :rolleyes:

No big deal though. I still really like the Ti Leos just fine, and if anything ever happens to them(Heaven forbid), I can always pick up a set of the MG cans as an option.

al

Guest Dave Pott

Great news Tom :bier:

By the way, in terms of beauty, your black Le Mans takes "2nd Fiddle" to none. That thing is gorgeous, man :thumbsup: .....my poor Ballabio looks even more STRANGE next to yours :(

It is amazing how well the 3/4 fairing sets off the Le Mans model.

Guest davidb

Tom, was that you hauling ass up mountain ranch road? I was on the v11 sport cruiser going the other way. I am sure I seen a goose following another bike,maybe a beemer?

tell you the truth Al, I didn't actually see your actual bike this trip :homer:  I was in and out in 10 minutes -- I did walk through the shop too, sat on the speed triple and yapped (howbeit quickly).  So, you're saying that you've got those cans on your bike :P:  We've got to all get together (the 'ol nor cal group) and ride somewhere- and I for one am all for that road less traveled thing :bier:  Today, I rode to Moke Hill (shortened version as I can't spell it-- see davidB for that!) for lunch -- best ride yet-- that goose ran perfectly.  I'm thinking the new exhaust header gaskets were needed too -- any insight on those little thought of parts?

50870[/snapback]

Mokelumne Hill. I can't pronounce it either. Great area to ride in though. If only my V11 Sport were reliable and I had more time. Too busy showing the house and packing. By the end of May though, I should be able to fit in a ride or too, so let me know if one appears to be taking shape.

lol :D I doubt if that was me davidb, although I don't really know what roads I was on! A guy on a beamer was pretty far ahead of me way down on Palermo (?) road I think, as he went by while I was pulled over looking at the view. What do you think of the gasket thing? The new ones were way thicker than my old ones I took out. Everything seemed better by far too..

callison- let's do it. When are you moving? and where again (my memory thing!). The speed barrier thing is internal callison! I can go 130 but then I reason, "if I go faster and something let's go, I might get hurt" :homer: I've never been too much over 130. A blip of thought goes into speeds up to 110. A few more blips of thought go into up to 120 and then I start thinking above that cause it takes a few seconds longer to get from 120 to 130, then too much thinking time...!

These bikes get to you. sometimes I'd like to sell mine to avoid some nasty mechanical surprise, but then I've handled everything to date and the goose has that unique look, feel, and sound- I really like all of it (still want a second bike btw).