Dyno results in

Guest slowpoke

Guest Nogbad

I had my bog standard V11 Sport 2000 model dynoed at 4000 miles and it made 71 RWHP if that's any help.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest goosesport

I have a 2001 V!!. Second owner with previous mods of Mistral cans with OEM crossover. Added a Power Commander 3 and FbF open top air filter. Here are the Dyno results.

Without PC3: power 82.90hp torque 63.02fp

with PC3: power 83.6 torque 66.35

I wonder if the dyno is optimistic. This seems more than most report. There's more power and torque through most of the range, so it feels better.

Dam Desdinova!

60 lbs of torque at 3500 RPM!

That is a smoking difference!

You must have gotten one of the better engines because I don't think the mods would give you a boost there. :)

50902[/snapback]

I did a lot of research and I think the key is the Stucchi X-Style crossover and the FBF pipes. That combo seems to result in the highest numbers. Also, it wasn't just put on a dyno, it was tuned / custom map generated on the dyno. Took about 2 hours plus test drives.

Desdinova,

Do you know if they mapped the cylinders individually.

I suppose that could have made a difference or as you suggested, the total combination of parts and tuning...

It is kind of like you got the best of both of these bikes tuned by Doug Lofgren:

The red is Stucchi crossover/Mistral/K&N Pods

The blue is OE crossover/Agostini(Mistral)/Stock Airbox

more_m4.gif

With regard to weight differences, regardless of whether one has the black or silver aluminum sleeved OEM exhaust cans, or even the "Carbon Fiber" units that came on some of the premium models, are still identical under their aluminum or CF "sleeve".

They are made from stainless steel, and are quite heavy.

That being said, every aftermarket exhaust can is going to vary in compartive weight, but I can say that comparing the stock cans to my Leo Vince cans is like comparing a lead weight to air... the difference was that dramatic.

al

Just to throw another chart into the equation, I had my V11 dyno'd at Hobbsport in West Yorkshire (UK) whilst having a custom map made for my (then) new PC111usb, it also had alloy round Mistral cans, stock crossover and open airbox with K&N filter, the RWHP is not bad at just under 80 (78.8) but the torque was very good at just over 70lb-ft (70.8 and producing over 60 from 2,600 revs).

I know figures can vary a lot from dyno to dyno (and even day to day) but a friend also had his dyno'd at the same place and had very similar results although he had a Stucchi crossover.

It seems some people are getting more RWHP but not as much torque which is surprising.

here is the chart for info:

dyno_V11_orig__3_.jpg

Here is my chart which as you say Mal is very similar- I believe we both had identical set ups when we got them dynoed apart from my Stucchi crossover.

My peak power is nearly identical at 78.7 rwbhp and torque peaks at 71.9 ft lbs.

What I really like is the way it makes 70ft lbs smack in the mid range just where you want it. You can really feel this punch when riding it.

The comparison on the chart shows before and after the custom PC111map was installed.

I love it when my bike torques dirty to me!

Guy :helmet:

I love it when my bike torques dirty to me!

:P

Now you have me more perplexed than ever.

Do both of you have the front balance pipe?

I would guess that Guzzirider has the balance pipe and higher compression pistons, but suprisingly not much more power.

I suppose other settings like valves and TPS are not identical.

In any case, the torque is impressive on both bikes :P:

dlaing, I can understand your puzzlement, I would have expected a bigger difference from Guys bike with the Stucchi crossover especially with it being tested on the same dyno, one factor may be that these readings are almost a year apart, to get a true comparison we'd have to do it the same day.

Both bikes have the front crossover (mine is a Black V11 Le Mans, Guys is a V11 Rosso Corsa), so my initial thought was that the extra crossover cancelled out the advantage of the Stucchi, however Guy noticed an increase in the midrange after he fitted the Stucchi (just before he had the PC111) so it must make some difference even with the front balance pipe.

Not sure if the Rosso Corsa has higher compression pistons, can anyone confirm this?

As for TPS settings, I assume they are a bit different but can't confirm that at the moment, his were adjusted by Hobbsport at the time of the Dyno run/PC111 mapping, mine wasn't unfortunately but with the results I got it can't have been far out. Maybe Guy knows what Hobbsport set them to and he can let us know.

Unfortunately we have not had the chance to test each others bikes since the mods(I'm over in the Netherlands at the moment) to confirm any real differences, we hope to correct this soon when he visits :drink: , if there is a noticable increase in midrange on his bike I'll be afer a Stucchi crossover.

Whatever the dyno results, we both love riding the bikes :bike: , we weren't after tyre shredding numbers just wanted them set up well with the PC111s and other mods but I have to admit, trying to unravel the mysteries of which crossover to use is not easy, and not made any easier by the variations in dyno results :huh2: .

Mal :helmet:

Very Interesting.

Since you both have the balance pipe, you probably both have the higher compression pistons.

In the US, I believe the balance pipe and high compression pistons got on to the the LeMans in 2003 and the Nakeds, etc. a bit later.

I suppose it makes sense that the Stucchi would not be needed as much if one has the balance pipe.

And the higher compression engine should put out more torque, but I am suprised how much more.

Sometimes I really wish I had a later bike....but they are all good. :mg:

The other thing worth noting is that the Stucchi weighs a lot more compared to the standard crossover, so if it does not make much of a difference in power then probably not worth fitting, except for the fact that is looks much sleeker than the standard one.

I am keeping mine on now I have paid for 3 hours of dyno time!

Don't think the Rosso Corsa has any differences in compression compared to a standard Le Mans.

Mine is a good motor though- I ran it in carefully for the first 600 miles, then competed in a hillclimb and tracked it at around 1000 miles, and generally ridden it fast ever since. It is really beginning to feel great now- maturing like a fine wine as I reach 8000 miles.

And the good thing is I know it will get even better as the miles roll up!

Look forward to next month Mal- :bier:

Guest aironepony

1 HP = 745.7 W - horsepower (550 ft-lbf/s)

1 HP = 9809.5 W - horsepower (boiler)

1 BHP, hp = 745.7 W - horsepower (British)

1 cv, HP = 735.499 W - horsepower (cheval-vapeur)

1 HP = 746 W - horsepower (electric)

1 HP = 735.499 W - horsepower (metric)

1 HP = 746.043 W - horsepower (water)

......... :thumbsup:

1 HP  = 745.7 W                - horsepower (550 ft-lbf/s)

1 HP  = 9809.5 W - horsepower (boiler)

1 BHP, hp                = 745.7 W                - horsepower (British)

1 cv, HP  = 735.499 W - horsepower (cheval-vapeur)

1 HP  = 746 W  - horsepower (electric)

1 HP  = 735.499 W - horsepower (metric)

1 HP  = 746.043 W - horsepower (water)

......... :thumbsup:

51092[/snapback]

What is CWhlPw and ECETrq?

How does the Hobbsport dyno compare to the Dynojets in the US that measure in SAE HP?

I noticed the Torque and HP do not crossover at the same point....