MGS01 on eBay. Again...

callison

Immediate $500 non-refundable deposit required with bid.

That's not an ebay rule or any rule in any auction on the world.

Participation costs can exsist thpugh but only be paid to the host of the auction, in that case is ebay. I guess this has to be reported to ebay, let's say there are 20 bids (different bidders) he will have to demand $10,000 extra!!!!!,that's not right it's a steal I mean absurd.

Now honestly Carl, if you have had the money, would you make a bid on this bike?

O.K. I'm not carl but though I have the money to get MGS1's I don't appreciatte this bike in this price.Simply because for one reason or other MG changed plans on bringing this to production (with a better price)that doesn't mean we'll have to look deep ito our pockets. And hence the racing kit I don't need 128ps Or a RACING ohlins (if there is one on the bike) for street use.

P.S. edit , After looking at the auction he says "A non-refundable deposit of $500.00 is due no later than 24 hours after the end of the auction" ,that's concerning the winning bider not everyone.It is not specified so for anyone bidding it's better to clear this up with the seller.

Edited by Alex-Corsa

Okay. My bad. The $500 is for the winning bid. Somebody did exercise the "Buy it now" option last time this one came around and probably was a false bidder and the $500 requirement is the sellers protection against these kind of proceedings.

If I had the money for an MGS01, would I buy it? Well, maybe. There are other things in life than just owning a beautiful piece of mechanical artwork or a particularly unique harsh riding difficult to register street bike. If I was going to go down the path of an extremely expensive (for me, never mind the HD lemmings that spring $30,000+ for a chromed "me too" bike), I would probably opt for a MV Augusta. But I've got to admit, I relish the idea. Whatinhell would I do with an MGS01 in Oklahoma though? The wife wouldn't let me keep it in the living room, the road to my house is 3900 feet of very rough gravel and the roads aren't particularly demanding in that region in terms of riding skills other than those of avoiding cars, deer and law enforcement officers. I can't afford a museum piece, pretty though it is.

$28,000 dollars (USA not Canadian) is about right for here (California) I think. You might be able to find one a tad cheaper, but that would have been at the original purchase price and as these pass around in the current market where they are scarce, there will be some profiteering. There will never be so many that that won't occur either, so be prepared to see some weird prices posted for these eventually.

I wish MG had a definitive plan for a 2V version at a (much) lower price.

That wrecked Rosso is back on eBay again as well, even though it apparently "sold" a while back :huh2:

I don't know if someone bought it and realized their "mistake" or if the winner/buyer flaked.... but it does kind of make you wonder.

I could go look at the bidding/seller history to figure out some of the questions above, but I'm too lazy right now :P

al

Ah well the funny thing is Ebay doesn't care too much because they still make money either way. I think they are a bunch of bastards but I love the ability to visit a global flee market and if you've ever been to a local one you know there are some 'characters' around those parts. :grin: Anyway it keeps the whole experience colorful. :thumbsup: BTW I've been scammed once b4 too, It blows hard lost out $200 but I know what NOT to do in the future for sure. :bier:

the question is, why didn't they sell the bike to to second bidder? Or were they themselves the ones who acted as the scambidder, becuase they didn't like the price?

51036[/snapback]

I've seen a few ppl that do that too, I call them trolls. I've thought about doing it with my own products time to time but thats not fair to the bidders if you want it to sell for more set a reserve or start it at the least you'd let it go for. Sometimes you get a great deal and sometimes you lose your shirt its the name of the game.

Ah well the funny thing is Ebay doesn't care too much because they still make money either way. I think they are a bunch of bastards but I love the ability to visit a global flee market and if you've ever been to a local one you know there are some 'characters' around those parts.  :grin: Anyway it keeps the whole experience colorful.  :thumbsup: BTW I've been scammed once b4 too, It blows hard lost out $200 but I know what NOT to do in the future for sure.  :bier:

51027[/snapback]

It of course depends on how you were scammed, but you are aware that eBay is insured and can reimburse you for your losses if the auction turned out to be a scam??

I once lost about $100, and eBay(via Lloyds of London) sent me a check after about a month.

Check out their fraud section, and "Safe Harbor" process. I don't know how it may have changed in the 3-4 years since I filed a claim, but as far as I know, they still cover some types of scams, etc.

al