powecommander

peterguzzi

Hello Guys,

I have the opportunity to buy a pc III from a guy i know but its not moto guzzi...now i was thinking of putting new cables who fit the guzzi ones on that commander? Maybey longer to? Are they avaliable?

That commander would be fitted on the V11 of my girlfriend...a 99 model but all mapping starts with the 2000 model? Is there any difference?

Thanx,

Peter

Uhh, good luck on that <_ finding and then actually buying the connector will probably be an excercise in futility not to mention expensive introduce all sorts of increased risk malfunctioning.>

Cliff(who makes his own ECU) as well as several others here on the forum, have tried for years to source the Marelli M15 ECU connector with no(or little) success.

The "serial" PCIIIs are available used for very little money if you look around, and work just fine. And even new USB PCIIIs aren't that expensive(everything is relative though of course).

I would recommend just getting the correct PCIII for the bike, and not try to retrofit the unit to yours. I am not certain if anything is different other than the connector as well, so that might be a consideration also.

BTW, if you have questions in regard to the PCIII and its application to MGs, check with Todd Eagan(RacerX on the forum) at www.guzzitech.com He is the 'official' liason to PowerCommander for MG applications, and can get the best prices on the product, is the best source for correct answers, and is the only source for limited production runs of PCIIIs for the older MG ECUs.

Oh, and although technically in North America the V11 Sport started in 00, based on past experience, I wouldn't be surprised if they actually showed up and were sold as 99 models elsewhere. But a 00 map would be just as applicable as a 99.

al

BTW, if you have questions in regard to the PCIII and its application to MGs, check with Todd Eagan(RacerX on the forum) at www.guzzitech.com    He is the 'official' liason to PowerCommander for MG applications, and can get the best prices on the product, is the best source for correct answers

51023[/snapback]

I'll give you he knows his stuff and is a good deal and after the fact I should have bought my PCIII from him just for the service but I found one at Clifford Cycles for $274 W/shipping. So I bought it. its an ebay store they run.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...sspagename=WD1V

Buy any search of a power commander will bring it up. :huh2:

I have the opportunity to buy a pc III from a guy i know but its not moto guzzi...

Peter, a non-Guzzi PCIII will not work on a Guzzi. Period. Internal firmware limits the PCIII from "communicating" with the ECU, and vice-versa.

Todd

Peter, a non-Guzzi PCIII will not work on a Guzzi. Period. Internal firmware limits the PCIII from "communicating" with the ECU, and vice-versa.

Todd

51560[/snapback]

but a PC for another WM15 equipped bike like some harleys would work?

right or wrong? :huh2:

I wouldn't risk it, better save your money and get whats right than get whats wrong AND then whats right. I bet you'd have to reprogram the power commander so it works right with the ECU and engine settings. NO thank You. Bite the bullet and order one up. OR just have your bike tuned at a center and don't change anything or when youre finished with all engine mods. (if thats possible) :huh2: