Tool Pouch

DeBenGuzzi

Anyone know where I could pick up a nice tool kit to put in place of those crap denso vapor hoopaju's I've looked around but really this place seems to know everything I can't find. BTW I have the fin guards on the way I got the raised simple looking ones with the engraved Eagle very nice!. So I'm just going down the list of crap I need to get :lol:

Rich Maund makes the perfect tool pouch for the V11.

He sometimes has red ones, but they are usually black marine grade leather, fasteners, etc.... and about twice as big as the stock bag. It fits *perfectly* in the tool tray.

Drop him a note. The last I heard, he posted last month that he had a couple of the black ones still in stock.

al

me and rich are like THIS (imagine fingers crossed) :lol: I just got a seat rebuild from him and I love it. I'll drop him a line and see what the price would be on a Red one. did the stock one come with any tools? what do I need to get in it exactly to be safe?

Rich's tool pouch is nice. I have one for each of my bikes. For $30 (when I got mine) it does not include any tools. The Italian tools are crap anyway. Get a set of metric Snap ON allen wrench ball drivers ($20) and fill out the rest with Craftsman.

Guest bshpilot
whats a good list of tools to have in the bag and I will get them. Any help pleeze?

51534[/snapback]

lets see...at least ONE spark plug, maybe a wire boot for the plug TOO.

a shift return spring...

some style of "leatherman" type multi tool...

and if youve got your DREAM tool case, id want TWO of

the following open ended wrenches.

10, 12, 14,

singles of the following wrenches...

and a socket set covering all those too.

at least a part. roll of electrical tape & a hand full of

zip ties.

wire cutters (or dikes) hehe he said DIKE :grin::blush:

also a number 1, 2 & 3 phillips screw driver

and a 1, 2 & 3 flat blade screw driver

and a DAMM good pair of adjustable pliers

and some FUSES

To the above list I would add:

13, 17, 19, 22, 27 open end wrenches. (An excellent 22/27 combination box wrench is available from MG)

A short piece of 14mm allen wrench stock to fit the axle bolt.

From the Snap On allen wrench set I carry 8, 6, 5, 4, 2.5

A relay.

I carry a combination phillips - flat screwdriver. The size for the alternator cover.

JESUS CHRIST I have a tool "pouch" not a Tool "box" :lol: I'll throw in a spark plug something to change a spark plug a relay a leatherman a small roll of electape and appropriate allen wrenches prolly not snap-on I don't want to take out a loan or have tools that expensive sitting under my seat. Oh and maybe a couple zip ties those things always come in handy like new age Duct tape. Hmm I wonder if thats what they use to keep ducatis runnin? :lol: I shouldn't need a spring its not common (so I've heard) in the early years but I won't count it out. :luigi:

Guest bshpilot

hey i said DREAM tool kit...doesnt mean i actually have this crap under my seats...hell most of the time i dont have as much as a single wrench or screwdriver under the seat.

on long trips i make sure ive got some tools but a cell phone is really all ya need :D

Guest Nogbad
I carry $100 cash, a phone card and some matches. Lightweight and takes very little space.

51578[/snapback]

That's so when his Goose breaks down he can torch the damn thing and get a train ride home....

Guest Nogbad
To the above list I would add:

13, 17, 19, 22, 27 open end wrenches. (An excellent 22/27 combination box wrench is available from MG)

A short piece of 14mm allen wrench stock to fit the axle bolt.

From the Snap On allen wrench set I carry 8, 6, 5, 4, 2.5

A relay.

I carry a combination phillips - flat screwdriver. The size for the alternator cover.

51545[/snapback]

Right... Anyone know if you can get a drawbar and hitch for the V11? You might need one to pull the "Snap On" trailer.