Cycle News Article

al_roethlisberger

Ran across this post on another forum:

Alan Cathcart's Eurofile column in this week's Cycle News (page 8) has a very nice writeup on the rescue and resurrection of Moto Guzzi by Piaggio.

Has anyone seen this article yet?

al

Apparently on page 8 of "Cycle News"  :whistle:

;)

...LOL yes you're right I thought it was a website, I guess my preception is reduced during at nights :closedeyes: zzzzzzz

So what's the story in general ?Should we expect only cruisers now? :bbblll: or..

I noticed in the latest Motorcyclist magazine, the only Guzzi models they list are:

MGS-01

California EV Touring

Breva 1100

Breva 750

Nevada 750

The official Moto Guzzi web site still lists the Le Mans but, that's probably there so they can sell their remaining models? Either that or the web site hasn't been updated.

I noticed in the latest Motorcyclist magazine, the only Guzzi models they list are:

MGS-01

California EV Touring

Breva 1100

Breva 750

Nevada 750

The official Moto Guzzi web site still lists the Le Mans but, that's probably there so they can sell their remaining models? Either that or the web site hasn't been updated.

51770[/snapback]

Sounds about right from what I've heard rumoured, although I thought the Griso was coming as well(maybe as on '06?) :huh2: .... end of an era I guess though :(

But I guess it is kinda neat to have a "collectible" bike now :P

Hey Jaap, you're not going to shut down the forum now are ya? :rolleyes:

al

Yes, our beloved Spine frame family of bikes with be gone by 2007

So what, the 850 le mans is a well sought after bike these days, 28 years after introduction. All parts still available.

So Al as long as you can drive, the le mans wil serve you.

Well time does march on! There are a lot of bikes that are not made anymore! I know for a fact that Gottlieb Daimler has discontinued his first bike so I guess the same is going to happen to most other models (except the Honda 90 of course - slated for production until hell freezes over - then they have a studded tire model lined up).

Someday this model line is gonna end!

So what, the 850 le mans is a well sought after bike these days, 28 years after introduction. All parts still available.

So Al as long as you can drive, the le mans wil serve you.

51791[/snapback]

.... oh, I hear ya :thumbsup:

It actually doesn't bother me much. The V11s will continue to dribble out of dealerships for another 3-5 years, you watch. And regardless, I am happy with this bike, so I consider it good timing that I was in the market for it during the V11 LeMans' brief run of 3 years :bike:

al

Guest philbo
whats a honda 90? this a trail bike or something?  :huh2:

51806[/snapback]

The Honda 90 that I used to own (many many moons ago) was used as a trail bike - it was a vast improvement over the Honds 50 Step Through with the Honda 90 front end - life seemed so much more simple in those days ...

I had a trail 90, with the hi/lo and four-speed gearbox and spare gas tank. Great bike, a zillion miles to the gallon....but slllooooowwww. It could, however, in low gear pull a fully grown (past-tense) elk off a mountain.

God... 2007.... it's hard to believe that year is even close, much less just around the corner.

Where does the time go?  :huh:

al

51784[/snapback]

The answer, my friend, is blowing in the wind... and in the "What Time is It?" thread.

Rj