Retirement

Ralph Werner

Here's a photo of me before I "slayed the dragon". Well, I didn't really slay the thing but I actully got through all of those corners without scraping anything or falling off. My companions were a Road King and a BMW R1200RT.

The only down side of the entire trip was about 200 miles in a Nor'easter today. Temp 48-50, winds 15-45, and downpour rain all day. There is nothing that is wateroroof in seven hours of that stuff (including my Black Sheep boots, RKA rain covers for the saddlebags, and GoreTex liners)! I'm having a brandy and hot tub!

Yahoo! :bier::bier:

Here's a photo of me before I "slayed the dragon". Well, I didn't really slay the thing but I actully got through all of those corners without scraping anything or falling off. My companions were a Road King and a BMW R1200RT.

The only down side of the entire trip was about 200 miles in a Nor'easter today. Temp 48-50, winds 15-45, and downpour rain all day. There is nothing that is wateroroof in seven hours of that stuff (including my Black Sheep boots, RKA rain covers for the saddlebags, and GoreTex liners)! I'm having a brandy and hot tub!

Yahoo! :bier:  :bier:

52301[/snapback]

Which bags are you using from RKA?

al

Al, I have the 47 liter standard bags and I really like them.

Today was unusual - up to 3" of rain and big winds for hours on end. The waterproof covers didn't seem to be able to keep out the moisture. Stuff at the bottom of the bags was wringing wet. Next time I will pack everything inside of a plastic bag.

Right now I'm warm and cozy and ready for my own bed after six (well, five) days of riding bliss. :D:D