x-over problems

Guest aj howard

Guest aj howard

Well my new Ferraci x-over won't fit on the bike.

It looks to me like the pipes are bent in a bit where they meet the headpipes. I can get the on about 1/2" before they jam up. I even loosened the head pipes to try and relieve the probem but no luck.

I can slip them on the pipes individually, so I know it isn't a problem with pipe diameter.

With a ride out to the big vintage show today I put the stock crossover on and the new mufflers.

Now the big question.

Do I get the bike custom mapped on Wednesday with the wrong crossover or do I lose my place in line and wait till I get this problem solved?

damn

damn

damn

:bbblll:

Guest ratchethack

AJ, this seems to be consistent with (one of) the misalignment problem(s) I had with my Stucchi crossover. <_< Have you tried taking the headpipes off, fitting them individually into the crossover, then re-fitting each headpipe into the heads? I'm sure you understand that you'd be wasting a custom map unless you get your entire exhaust into it's "working configuration" be beforehand.

Good luck. :luigi:

OH good god, I ordered one of these because I didn't want to deal with that problem on the Stucchi, WHAT have I done :unsure: I hope the dealer doesn't have a problem they are a ferracci dealer and better fix the problem free of charge thats all I have to say, Otherwise I would have gotten the Mistral X-over and been done with it. :angry: We'll wait and see then :huh2:

Otherwise I would have gotten the Mistral X-over and been done with it.

52396[/snapback]

You mean you haven't heard of 'The Great Mistral Crossover Disaster'? Believe me Ben, you don't want to know. :o

I had a serious hp dip at 3-4K rpm that were remedied by a Stucchi (seat of pants dyno). Vibration was also down in this rpm range, but I'll be the first to admit that doesn't make a lot of sense.

AJ- my Stucchi was also a poor fit- try removing the entire exhaust system and fitting the Xover/headers up with everything loose at first. Lastly, add the mufflers...or not, if you like that 'nascar' sound :luigi:

Or- have Ferrachi make it good. They're a reputable company, and I'm sure they'll try to work it out.

Guest rosso mandello

Hi folks.

The Mistral x-over and cans fitted beautyfully on my bike. And just to show the folks at the AGOSTINI SHOP that I am happy with the stytem, I go to Mandello in 2 weeks, just for a 4000 km spin i the lowely spring here in Europe.

ciao

Guest philbo
AJ, this seems to be consistent with (one of) the misalignment problem(s) I had with my Stucchi crossover. <_<  Have you tried taking the headpipes off, fitting them individually into the crossover, then re-fitting each headpipe into the heads?  I'm sure you understand that of course you'd be wasting a custom map unless you get your entire exhaust the way it's going to be beforehand.

Good luck. :luigi:

52394[/snapback]

I actually found (after many hours) that reverse engineering the system worked best - take everything off, mount the cans with the bolts/nuts fairly loose, mount the crossover bracket / rubber grommet thingy, then put the headers back one at a time (with a little lithium grease smeared around the outside) and finally put the from balance pipe back in - then start tightening everything up. It's a pain to be sure but I eventually got eveything to fit. When I initially tried to do it from the headers back, I had a hell of a time getting the cans lined up.

Good luck - you'll be happy when you finish.

Cheers

Phil

Guest aj howard

I did think about removing the entire exhaust system, but I just ran out of time. I haven't called Ferracci yet becase it was late Saturday when I discovered the probem. I did manage to get the crossover on a bit and tried fitting the mufflers, but there was about 1.5 inches of clearence between the muffler mount and the bracket. I assumed this was due to how far I had to slide the mufflers on the pipe to get the holes to line up.

I was thinking of trying to tweek the crossover out a hair.. turn 2 dowels down to the ID of the crossover and just.. lever a bit... take carefull measurments and all that..

I am going to cancel the dyno session till I get the thing worked out.

aj