Changing fuel filter on 02 V11

Baldini

Is changing the fuel filter on the 02 bikes straight forward? Just disconnect & replace? Anything I need to know?

Thanks,

KB:sun:

52546[/snapback]

That's pretty much it. Easier if the tank is mostly empty of course. Takes about 20-30 minutes for a ham-fisted mechanic like me. Hard is the filter on my 97 California. About 4 hours :bbblll:

Guest jasper

hi there,

make sure you remember the direction of flow of the filter it saves a lott of figuring out! (i won't tell you how i know this!) If anyone has a tip to get the fuel lines of and on with more ease that would be greatly appriciated!

A solution for the leaking (that's 03> models i believe!) of the mechanical petcocks would also make my day just a bit better!

ciao

jasper

Guest ratchethack
!) If anyone has a tip to get the fuel lines of and on with more ease that would be greatly appriciated!

52759[/snapback]

BMW quick-connect fittings ease tank removal, obviating the usual wear & tear on the fuel lines & clamps that occurs with on-off cycling. :luigi:

BMW P/N's 1331 7659 120 and 1331 7659 119.

Rgds.,

Ratchethack

Guest jasper

eeeuuuummm i am sorry BMW?? no way man! i'll just struggle with the fuellines!!! :mg::mg:

if it was from a laverda i might think about it!

Thanks anyway!!!!

Ciao

jasper

• 1 year later...

BMW quick-connect fittings ease tank removal, obviating the usual wear & tear on the fuel lines & clamps that occurs with on-off cycling. :luigi:

BMW P/N's 1331 7659 120 and 1331 7659 119.

Rgds.,

Ratchethack

looks like good mod, gonna find out how cheap these are. Did'nt find definitive answer to my filter question but seems closest thing to oe fuel filter is slightly smaller in dia,as I said earlier easily covered by using piece of inner tube as a packer under clamp.

eeeuuuummm i am sorry BMW?? no way man! i'll just struggle with the fuellines!!! :mg::mg:

Thanks anyway!!!!

Ciao

jasper

You know, I agree. I'd rather have gas pouring all over the place. And besides, putting a plastic part on my bike that may have been destined for a German bike would certainly give my Guzzi a tummy ache!

Ciao, Steve

BMW quick-disconnects

What a great idea!

It only seems fair to use those on my LeMans since my R1150GS has a Mistral muffler from a V11 on it.

The quick disconnects work great on the GS when tank removal is necessary. Really saves a lot of mess.

And yes, all of the AdvRider GS guys were horrified at the thought of Moto Guzzi parts on a BMW.

-Jack

Thanks anyway!!!!

Ciao

jasper

You're nuts! Where do you think the yokes and trunnions of your driveshaft is made? There are dozens of bits made in boxhead land, nippon and heaven alone knows where on V11's. Surely this sort of peculiar snobbery should be confined to the dustbin of history?

Pete