What do you think of this one?

GuzzBun

Guest aironepony

How nice! Looks like a LM1, but with something interesting in the engineroom.

................... :thumbsup:

Guest Frankie100Chili

:thumbsup:

very nice!

the red frame is very good...

and the wheels with rays also. :D:helmet:

Looks like the photo was taken at the old garage at Motori Di Marino in West Chiltington.

52659[/snapback]

You don't get quiz points for spotting background garages Guy :P

As for the bike, could be a whole host of bits & pieces with the interchangability of the Tonti bikes, I had one that looked similar, it was a T3 with Le Mans 1000 engine and Le Mans 1/11 bodywork (but it was lovely & black).

This one has the V7 sport type sidepanels, early(ish) 35mm forks, engine out of a ...could be anything from later Cali, to Mille, to later Le Mans, wheels look like they are from early T3/G5, in other words a bitsa, but none the less very nice.

Mal :helmet:

Motor could be anything from '83 to '94 (has carbs), but I would lean toward earlier 80's because of the forks, FO8 brembos and the rear light (which is the same as my 81 G5). Tank is 1000S or 850 LeMans. The rearsets are aftermarket (Tarozzi?)

Good spotting guys - you all picked up the salient points. It was originally a Spada II, heavily converted to look like a LM1, or what a LM1 should have looked like. V7 sidepanels, tank and seat from LM, engine from a Sport 1100, Borani wheels, Tomaselli clip ons, rearsets, LM fairing. I did some of the work, but the base work was done by the chap I bought her from. I spent about £6000 on her - Pietro at Motori di Marino put the engine in and sorted the horrendous electrics. I'd done about 1500 glorious miles on her by Easter 2004, then an oncoming tw*t turned right across my path without indication or warning - bike totalled and I was lucky to escape with a broken pelvis, several ribs and crushed crown jewels. She was truly unique, and I reclaimed the salvage with the intention of rebuilding her, but somehow it didn't seem right - so I ditched her and moved on - hoping that a similar fate won't befall my MGS01!!!

Robin

After putting that much love and care into her I'd walk over (crushed pelivs and all) and beat the living Sh*t out of who hit me to within an Inch of thier life. Especially when its something that plain stupid. I love what you did with her, And I love the MGS more, ... mmm MGS ... its good in chinese food too :food:

ow ow ow ow ow ow.....especially the...well...all of it.

Glad you're ok, Robin.

(dammit, I forgot to mention the Borrani rims.... :bier: ) She was a beaut, I hope you get to build up another that looks as nice. No crashes, ok?