AGV Helmets

soloNH

Hey Guys, It's time for a new full face helmet for me and the Scura, I've been spending a lot of time trying on lots of different brands and I'm leaning towards the Shoei RS 1000. Good quality great reviews here and other sights but I would like to try some AGV's but here in New England (US) there are no dealers who stock AGV. Many have offered to order one in and are willing to exchange for same model but diferent size with no extra charge but I will have to purchase one or the other. This really sucks! :bbblll: So I'm hoping someone has some experience with them. Going on looks alone I like the V Flyer. RED of course! Great little Italian AGV badge :helmet: Are these well built or do they just build good ones for Valentino and the go fast boys. I'm willing to take a chance- with your help. :bike:

I've had 2 AGVs. I haven't had any complaints from either one. Both seem to be fairly air tight (not drafty). The shield opening mechanism works with no fuss. I'm no helmet expert but, I'd grade my AGVs on par with my old Arai.

In February I picked up an Arai SV in Frost , a matt black or very dark grey I thought it would've complemented a Scura.

The most important thing is how it fits your head. A long time ago I tried a Shoei and it didn't. I found the Arai did.

Then it comes down to how you get on with the visor, vents, fastening and colour.

Last weekend I couldn't resist an Arai Astro R in ReEntry ( orange face with yellow flame effect on a dark blue base) at half price. Thats two this year and my previous an Arai Quantum E lasted 10 :o

before FM , Nava (polycarb) Stadium, Boeri, and an open face all alot cheaper and didn't last or fit as well, But thiings move on.

I'll justify the newer helmet for winter riding when the brighter colour makes it more visable, improved venting and the little drop down wind deflector bit at the front that helps kep your neck warmer. I miss that on the SV on cold mornings.

No help on AGV sorry

VFLYERHONDAREDAG1182.jpg

looks nice

though my mate did look at them at the BMF, I thought the visor mechanisum was a bit fidly and didn't like the pin lock ( he also bought an ReEntry)

I can't be of much help overall (never owned an AGV) I may be able to help as far as fit. I have a definite "Shoei head" (I wear a Shoei RF1000) and popped on an AGV a couple of weeks ago at a local dealership. The fit was very similar to the Shoei. Fit/ finish, vents etc. are another story but if a Shoei fits there is a good chance the AGV will fit.

I hope this is helpful,

Lex

I've worn Shoei's for many years, the AGV fits very much like the Shoei. I tried on a V-Flyer at Ferracci's shop while traveling some time ago, seemed very nice.

On a lark, I picked up a Vemar lid from a vendor during the AMA Nationals last year at Road Atlanta.....I'm wearing the Vemar more than the RF1000 at this point; it is quieter, we'll see how the venting is now that summer is fast approaching in Atlanta.

Phil

Had a Shoei for a long time...very good helmet, but never really fit might head right with a pressure point on the top forward of my head that required rest stops to relieve after an hour or so of riding. Currently have a HJC, which fits alot better, but is pretty noisy and prone to fogging. k

I knew you guys would come through. :grin: Still can't find a local dealer but I'm now willing to take a chance and order one on line :helmet: Been finding good pricing here and there, probably take the plunge tomorrow. I'll keep you posted. :rasta::thumbsup: