dead and jammed motor!

cmsmolka

To all

I posted a week or so ago about my dead bike. It turned out to be the cam shaft bolt. Damaged the oil pump, timing chain, sprocket. MGNA says they never heard of this before. Anyone experienced this let me know. I want to give it them so they can rectify the problem and prevent others form going thru the BS of a busted bike and begging for help?

Guest davidb

Read your own post on page two. Last week rossoandy replied on your post that it happened to him.

Guest Nogbad

I thought post 2001 bikes were meant to be better after Aprilia took over? So far my "original Guzzi" pre Aprilia red frame V11 has proved trouble free.

My observations are that the "immediately post Aprilia" bikes seem to have more issues.

The 00-mostly01 bikes seem good(although the RM seemed to get some of the 02 badness), and the 03+ bikes, especially the 04s, seem very very well sorted right from the factory, and have exhibited less "bugs".

The 02s seem to be particularly gremlin prone, for whatever reason :unsure:

al

The 02s seem to be particularly gremlin prone, for whatever reason  :unsure:

It's because that's the year I decided to buy my first new bike after 21 years of riding.

:homer:

My apologies to you all for the troubles. But I still love the damn thing for no rational reason whatsoever. :mg:

johnk

It's because that's the year I decided to buy my first new bike after 21 years of riding. :homer:My apologies to you all for the troubles. But I still love the damn thing for no rational reason whatsoever. :mg:

johnk

53151[/snapback]

Heh! Me too! :thumbsup:

KB :sun: