Dyno-tune pull today

BrianG

Just got off the DynoTune dyno at the track today. Pulled a nice (reasonably) linear graph to 82 HP @7500 RPM. Max torque = 65 ft-lbs @ 3750 RPM pretty straight through to 6500 RPM with just a tad of the classic flat spot (torque drop) of 6-7 ft. lbs. @4600 RPM.

Air Fuel Ratio went off-scale lean from 5000-600RPM with the deviation confined to the range of 4500 RPM to 6500 RPM. That deviation was adequately resolved with the remapping process so we are now in the 12 - 13 range throughout tending toward rich past 4500 RPM.

It was an interesting process for sure! The V-11 brought crowds to the trailer after the first 2 8000 RPM pulls through the Mistral's. One spectator was heard to say "It sounds like a RC-51 on steroids."

:drink:

Hi Brian (and Dlaing, the firm defender of Quat-D)

Nice. I have just done one my self after remapping my PC-III usb: 82 HP (air pressure adjusted, 84 un-adjusted) at 8,5 kRPM; SEA Torque (N-m) 77,4 at 3,6 kRPM. V11 S 2001, stock air-box, Quat-D (latest version, street legal)/Cycle Center, Uppsala Sweden. The old girl pulls like an ox!

Take care,

poh

• 2 weeks later...
Just got off the DynoTune dyno at the track today.  Pulled a nice (reasonably) linear graph to 82 HP @7500 RPM.  Max torque = 65 ft-lbs @ 3750 RPM pretty straight through to 6500 RPM with just a tad of the classic flat spot (torque drop) of 6-7 ft. lbs. @4600 RPM.

Air Fuel Ratio went off-scale lean from 5000-600RPM with the deviation confined to the range of 4500 RPM to 6500 RPM.  That deviation was adequately resolved with the remapping process so we are now in the 12 - 13 range throughout tending toward rich past 4500 RPM.

It was an interesting process for sure!  The V-11 brought crowds to the trailer after the first 2 8000 RPM pulls through the Mistral's. One spectator was heard to say "It sounds like a RC-51 on steroids."

:drink:

53064[/snapback]

Hey Brian,

What else have you done besides the Mistrals?

Hi Brian (and Dlaing, the firm defender of Quat-D)

Nice. I have just done one my self after remapping my PC-III usb: 82 HP (air pressure adjusted, 84 un-adjusted) at 8,5 kRPM; SEA Torque (N-m) 77,4 at 3,6 kRPM. V11 S 2001, stock air-box, Quat-D (latest version, street legal)/Cycle Center, Uppsala Sweden. The old girl pulls like an ox!

Take care,

poh

53148[/snapback]

"DLaing, the firm defender of the Quat-D"

I like that!

I also like the results you got!

Hey Brian,

What else have you done besides the Mistrals?

54068[/snapback]

Drilled Airbox 6 holes X 1.25" diameter

K&N air filter

Mistral's

That's all, folks!!

Welcome to the wonderful world of Dyno testing. It is useful that the brand of dyno has been mentioned Dyno tune dynos have a reputation for been a bit optimistic they are still useful tuning tools but thier actul number results should be treated with a little suspcion. I have a 1100 sport with Kliens (with pod filters and full termi system (equvilent of pipes and remapping fuel injection) Have never got past 75 hp at the rear wheel no dyno tune dyno avalible locally. However it is very nice to get the air fuel mixture sorted one and for all properly without endless months of stuffing around.

Indeed, absolute numbers are pretty meaningless, unless you are comparing various tests on the same dyno machine. The most valuable thing about the dyno is the ability to apply a controlled load, all the way to maximum output, repeatedly and consistently. It's that capability, plus the A/F information that makes tuning so much easier.

I bought a LM-1, wide band A/F meter, which is great, but it's hard to gather all the info on a moving vehicle, especially for max-exertion paasses.

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/lm1.php

Indeed, absolute numbers are pretty meaningless, unless you are comparing various tests on the same dyno machine.  The most valuable thing about the dyno is the ability to apply a controlled load, all the way to maximum output, repeatedly and consistently.  It's that capability, plus the A/F information that makes tuning so much easier.

I bought a LM-1, wide band A/F meter, which is great, but it's hard to gather all the info on a moving vehicle, especially for max-exertion paasses.

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/lm1.php

54190[/snapback]

Did you get the one with logging?

I guess it logs RPM but not throttle position :huh2: