Destination Parkfield, CA

Hey... great ride.. thanks for setting it up Mark.. and Hal's new Coppa is sweet...

I'd installed the Stucchi prior to coming on the ride, and I must say it makes the bike feel a lot better. Surprising how much of a difference.

The ride back up 101 was horrible of course.. just like the last time we did the Hwy 25 ride. Very windy, and I'd forgotten to drink as much water as I should have so I was getting pretty dehydrated and punchy by the time I made it home.. which was too early as I still had daylight left so I had no excuse to not finish painting the deck !!!

Thanks again, and great to see all the riders from all over California !

Cheers, Tim

Guest Dave Pott

I think those photos would have looked much more attractive and balanced with a Red Ballabio in them :P

Sure glad y'all had a great time :bier: Wish I could have been with you,

Guest Dave Pott
Whoever was going to buy this bike was getting new tires too

Hey Tom??? What does this mean???

Don't tell me you whent and bought that new ST :(

I left out, they ought to call the norcal guzzistis "killers" . I personally witnessed Steve Hubbard kill one squirrel with his EV Touring (let me repeat, those EV Touring bikes can scoot through the twisties!). I claimed 2 squirrels myself -- both with my rear tire. So THAT'S what happened to it... It would take someone with local knowledge, like Mark or Tim, to tell exactly what kind of critters we were knocking off -- I'll call'em squirrels.

Dave- no new bike yet! I still want 2 though. Speaking of the Triumph, there was one at Parkfield!

Hey Dave,- to finish off that sentence on my bike... my plan (feeble as it is) is to sell off most everything (!) and recoup in a couple of months (looks terrific on paper, at any rate!). the goose might not go, but its ok if it does for the time being :D

There is a "no rally" guzzi rally on 6-25 in Los Alamos -- Central Coast, near Parkfield where we rode. It's just a bunch of guzzista's of various sorts meeting there -- informal/ no agenda. Ride/talk/play/hang out. Motel is the Alamo Motel at 805.344.2852. Cheap. I plan on going and seeing what's up. Then swing on up the next week into Mendocino! If anyone's interested in this thing in Los Alamos, let me know and I'll gladly email you all the info I have!

Hey Tim, can you describe the difference in performance with the crossover vs stock? How's that neutral thing going?

Hey Tom

When I installed the stucchi, I fired up the bike and could hear/sense more air flowing through the pipes, smoother idle etc.. I know, no test equipment, just a sense.

In driving, its definitely smoother, and a little more mid range. All completely subjective with the objective exception that my hands weren't completely numb within 5 minutes.. I guess I rode almost 400 miles last Sunday ??

With regards to my 2nd neutral.. it seems to be more common to find a new neutral between 2nd and 3rd.. Almost like its going past 3rd actually, because when I re-shift out of that neutral I think I'm in 4th.. Go figure..

Anyway, the Goose has been resting since Sunday.. Ive been commuting on the big loud red machine.

Cheers, Tim